Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harter's Taxidermy

Default Harter's Taxidermy

Just found out tonight from a good buddy that Harters sold his shop and moved out. Some new fella from mississipi bought the business and is doing his work. Anyone know the skinny on the situation and the new fella? I got 3 animals tied up with Harters waiting to get back!!! I am planning on going down tommorow and talking and hoping to see some of the work that he has done. My buddy says he is a real nice guy and very straight forward. Got me all sorts of nervous though. I brought all my animals there with the expectation that Richard would be doing them!!
    "One Last Cast"

I dropped my Haul road caribou there on 6 July 09. The guy is a great dude. He knows his "stuff". He is well viced in the outdoors. I had a great experience talking with him and determining what we were going to do with my 'bou. I have no doubt this guy is worth his mettle.

Good luck!

haaaaaaaaa. Welcome to my world!! I wish you the best as these types of situations are (usually) not very good.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Default Where is missing Richard?

Does anyone including the guy who took over for him know where he went and how to get in touch with him?

Richard is an incredibly ethical guy. We stopped in to visit with him a few months ago. I am shocked to hear that he decided to sell and close his shop. I am sure that there has to be a good reason behind it, though. Maybe he wanted to spend more time with his wife. Maybe the offer was really good that he couldn't resist to relinquish it.
    Why don't you PM him through Outdoors Directory?
    He's on my friends list if you can't find him in the member directory.
    Lurker.

His email does work, I just got a note from him today.

Default Harters

I talked to Sam Cook (the new owner) last week. He seems very knowledgeable and I saw some of his work from down south.

I didn't have any work for him to do but he seemed very straight forward.

I believe Sam Cook just WORKS there, the new owners name is Jeff. I'll be giving him a call tomorrow as I have items there on consignment that I need shipped back to me.

Well holy crap, I grew up in Brewerton and Baldwinsville! I just noticed where you were!!

Syracuse, New York, Wasilla, Alaska, United States

Default B'ville...

is where I grew up too. Guess all those days spent fishing the Seneca River prepared me for fishing AK. LOL

Default small world

my mom grew up in liverpool and dad in Oswego.

Wow that's insane!!

Is this the Northway I know from Trapperman?

Lawdog, I never did do any fishing or hunting when I was young, but now my sis still lives in the area and her hubby does it all

Yes i sold my shop to persue other ventures. The new owners name is Jeff masters and the new taxidermists name is Sam Cook. I have not been on here for a while because my screen name is my old shop name and needs to get changed.

And its good to here from you COtoAK, you guys are good people to.

and Gil i got your message and will talk to you soon.

And wolfwoman good to talk with you again, but i cancelled that e-mail you have been giving out because it was my old shop e-mail so it no longer works.

I will no longer be on this site as harterstaxidermy, this is the last post under this name. Dont know what my new name will be yet.... lol.. but it might take me a while as i am very busy with things and traveling right now.

Thanks, Rich

Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    Richard is an incredibly ethical guy. We stopped in to visit with him a few months ago. I am shocked to hear that he decided to sell and close his shop. I am sure that there has to be a good reason behind it, though. Maybe he wanted to spend more time with his wife. Maybe the offer was really good that he couldn't resist to relinquish it.
    Why don't you PM him through Outdoors Directory?
    He's on my friends list if you can't find him in the member directory.
    I agree with you there, Richard is one of the greatest guys i have ever met in my life and will continue to call him a great friend. And i wish him all the best with his new venture. Now get your butt to Hawaii and quit wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter13 View Post
    I agree with you there, Richard is one of the greatest guys i have ever met in my life and will continue to call him a great friend. And i wish him all the best with his new venture. Now get your butt to Hawaii and quit wasting time.
    Truly... he's a great guy.
    I am glad to see that he's taking some time to travel.
    Lurker.

What a 'small' world!
    It was great seeing you today, Kid! Thanks for the brief moment at Chili's catching up and telling us about all your adventures. When we travel in that direction, we will definitely be looking you up and spending sometime with you.
    Say Happy Birthday to your wife from us, Rich. We were at Chili's for our daughter's Birthday this evening, too. There is another member on the board who's birthday it is:
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=61635
    It just must be a day of birthdays!
    Lurker.

Default Sorry

I'm sorry that you were treated so badly by an Alaskan business. No one should be treated as you say you were and in my opinion especially one of our nations finest protectors! I hope that if you need to have future taxi work done of an Alaskan species that you will give another Alaskan business a chance. There have been several threads on here about different taxis and there service/product. I'm sure you could receive several suggestions from other members on here for someone who is dependable and above all PROFESSIONAL.
    Thank you for your service to our country and once again I, as an Alaskan resident, appologize for the bad experience you have gone through!

I know Rich. Did biz with him. Worked well for me.
    Don't see where any poster here is bad mouthing Rich. CotoAk you should read thru the thread and Dandeo too. First post in this thread just mentions a concerned individual.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Folks, this thread got bumped back up because a new member complained about the new owner of Harter's Taxidermy. I'm well aware of the rules, and that's why I deleted the post and sent the member a note about it. While doing so, someone replied to his stated concern.

There is nothing else here that violates the forum rules. The thread started with a valid concern, not a negative comment, and it was addressed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast