Thread: Charter out of Homer for Halibut Sept 2 week

Default Charter out of Homer for Halibut Sept 2 week

Hello

Heading out to Homer on Sept. 8th staying for 2 weeks, plan on doing some fishing. This will be a fun trip i hope. It will be my homeymoon and she likes to go deep seas fishing. Cant wait to see her fighting a halibut.

I talked to a Charter called Captan B's out of Homer. Capt name is Brian.

I wish i had someone to give me the honest scoop on a boat or Captan before i spend the day on a boat.

I fish a lot a can tell the difference between a working Captan and one just putting you on the chiken hole and heading in with no effort for a banner day. Things like rigging for big fish and so on. Prime bait and tecnique. If i guide someone for the day on my local water i can put them on big fish and work or just point them to a hole and sit back and smile.

Anyone reccomend a Charter for me?

I will try and call the Capt and talk to him first but i know he must be busy this time of year.

Thanks in advance for the time reading this.

I don't really have a charter recommendation for you, but just to let you know, the size of the fish is a lot smaller in Sept then most other summer months, you can still get some good fish in Sept, but don't count on anything over 100lbs

Capt. Brian [ashtikan] will take good care of you....there are lots of great fish in sept.. Just add a couple of weather days for your trip.......
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Thanks, i hope to get into some decent fish not just 20 lb fish.

I am more excited about the fly fishing though.

I am praying for a few chrome bullets on a fly

Default KGB

Pumped up.. just booked a trip with KGB out of Homer for a fly out trout trip. Anyone use this outfit before? Fishing across the bay not far i guess. Hopes of big bows and a few slivers to get the line tight..ya buddy

I am also happy to hear about the fly shop in Homer. I was worried i would not have a local fly shop. Seems silly i know. But i saw no ads for fly shops around Homer. I will support the local stores when i can.

brian (at KGB) is a good guy, and has a sweet deal in for flyfishing across the bay.
    you ought to have a blast!
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/