Thread: Alaska Gun & Hunting Regs

Default Alaska Gun & Hunting Regs

I am considering buying some rural land possibly in the Kenai area in the near future. Can anyone tell me if there are any laws that prohibit hunting or shooting on land under a certain acreage?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

no shooting under acers...

only over them...

that will be set by community you live in... not the state... so if you live in and i mean IN town.... you may have a req. for the most part... we blaze away. with in reason...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

There are no acreage limitations that I am aware of for hunting or shooting on private property. Any restrictions to those activities would be based on local laws. I'm not familiar with Kenai Peninsula laws, but there are no state laws to be concerned with.

Default Requirement

You are required to fire off 20 rounds a week on any rural property down here:-) Or maybe that's just for Nikiski -jk.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Some are more "rural" than others. I had a 9mm hit my house out Knik Goose Bay road.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    You are required to fire off 20 rounds a week on any rural property down here:-) Or maybe that's just for Nikiski -jk.
    On the upper Kenai Peninsula, the requirement is 50 rounds per week must be fired, it keeps the trespassers on their toes. Anything under 50 rounds and your "MANHOOD" could be called into question. One neighbor fires about 1,500/2,000 rounds per day, Yes.....He is very, very, very RICH. Has his own army, and security force.

I am not sure about the regs on the penisula, i dont hunt down there, but if you are worried about hunting on this property, you need to look in to if the property is located on a restricted weapons area. Kinda like the valley where you can hunt, but you have to use a bow, shotgun, or muzzleloader.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    On the upper Kenai Peninsula, the requirement is 50 rounds per week must be fired, it keeps the trespassers on their toes. Anything under 50 rounds and your "MANHOOD" could be called into question. One neighbor fires about 1,500/2,000 rounds per day, Yes.....He is very, very, very RICH. Has his own army, and security force.

I knew the Kenai Penn. had lower standards then the rest of the state... but .. only having a minimum of 20-50....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Size matters

Please also be advised that Alaska is a very large state....definately bigger than you are prob used to....sorry, couldn't resist! Good luck on finding what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by B-radford View Post
    Kinda like the valley where you can hunt, but you have to use a bow, shotgun, or muzzleloader.
    Not on my side of the valley, I shoot here regularly
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    Not on my side of the valley, I shoot here regularly
    I should have wrote that more clear, I meant the Palmer-Wasilla managment area.

If you are looking to be able to shoot on your property, go for it. But if you want to hunt on your property, go large. We have big game and low densitys. It is possible to hunt on your own land, but your sucess will varry based on location and species. Bear baiting can not be done within 1 mile of a cabin so if you wanted to do that on your land you would be looking for a large piece of land.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Texian View Post
    I am considering buying some rural land possibly in the Kenai area in the near future. Can anyone tell me if there are any laws that prohibit hunting or shooting on land under a certain acreage?
    Wait, there is still rural land on the Kenai peninsula?

Quote Originally Posted by futurerancher View Post
    Wait, there is still rural land on the Kenai peninsula?

If you got the MONEY, I got the HONEY, Estate of land.......

Default Thanks

I appriciate all the advise.

I will make sure I start loading plenty of ammo now so that I can exceed the 50 rounds per day to keep my manhood in check!!

Quote Originally Posted by shphtr View Post
    Please also be advised that Alaska is a very large state....definately bigger than you are prob used to....sorry, couldn't resist! Good luck on finding what you are looking for.
    I know... Texas is only the second largest Republic... Oh...I mean state.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Texian View Post
    I know... Texas is only the second largest Republic... Oh...I mean state.

Thanks!
    Until the Dem's cut Alaska in half... to pay for the health care from Federal oil revineus...

then your will be the 3rd largest...

meet on face book here