Thread: Best local place to purchase Garmin GPS.

Default Best local place to purchase Garmin GPS.

Would like to pick up a GPS this week..Garmin 76CSX. Ive seen the prices from the major stores..where have YOU found the best price?? Anyone currently offering a rebate?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I have had great luck with the GPS store on-line

http://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-GPSMAP-76CSx
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Northern Lights Avionics at Merrill Field and The GPS Store at about 72nd and the Old Seward Highway have both been great to deal with.

Cheapest is amazon.com if you can wait a few days for delivery.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Wow..Amazon for $238!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default gps

I have always purchased from Northern Lights avionics on Merrill field. Thye have reaonable prices, outstanding knowledge and the customer support is first class and I have found that to be important.

NLA had the old stock of the 76CSX, however Garmin has updated their prices, now respectively 299...However NLA wont be lowering their prices to match the new MSRP from Garmin..they will stay at $374.

I found them for under $300, which the owner told me they were the old stock, but he just lowered the price to reflect that of Garmin's MSRP.

By "old stock" they probably mean the units have been sitting on the shelf for more than 6 months, right? So if you bought a "new stock" version it would have a newer software version. This is irrelevant as the unit itself is the same. When you plug it into your computer and go to Garmin's webupdater you will update the software to the latest version (as of May 26, 09 this is software version 4.00 for the 76CSx). Thus there will be no difference between "old" and "new" once you set it up.

If the MSRP is $299 and you can buy the unit online for about $250 and the local guy is charging $374 for the exact same item... well, who do you suppose is going to stay in business longer?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

JOAT,

I'm with you on this one same hardware, just update the software. But why one store wouldn't match the new MSRP is beyond me..hek the gal at the counter even told me to buy elsewhere because they couldnt take a loss on their purchase and price match to Garmin.

Default Amazon all the way

I found mine on Amazon for $100 cheaper than anywhere else approx a year ago. Worth the few days of wait time.......
    Brian