Thread: Anyone own a Henry Lever chambered for 22mag?

Default Anyone own a Henry Lever chambered for 22mag?

So.....a 5lb. lil lever rifle with a 19in. barrel. Quit a nice lil rifle, not to mention real walnut, cabaple of mouting that nice 1-3 power scope, and no protuding clip hangin out the bottom. It looks like a nice rifle, id just like to hear what others think of it. Is the trigger decent? To me.....the trigger is EVERYTHING.

I have one in 22lr and love it now, but it had feeding trouble out of the box. I sent it back and they made it worse so I fixed it myself. The feed system is 2 blocks of pot mettle and punched out flat steel lift arm to move the round from the magazine tube up in front of the bolt face to push feed. On mine the lift arm was short so the case rim could fall off too soon and bend the bullet out of the case mouth jamming the thing up. I took it down, welded an extra 1/8” on the arm to make it long enough, and polished the inside of the blocks when it was apart. Feeds like a champ now and hits where I aim to 50 yards or more. They are very simple inside, look and feel well made from the outside, and I would like one of their ‘Yellow Boys’ in 45lc someday. Also, the reach on the 22s is a bit short like a youth rifle but I don’t find it to be ‘too’ short.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I don't have the .22 mag one, but I do have a H001 .22 LR model.

It's a real neat rifle and seems to be pretty accurate.

Default Got one!

I got a Henry .22 mag for Christmas last year and have a fixed 4X Sightron scope on it. The trigger is fine for my use, but I do have one complaint about this little rifle. The front sight is plastic as is the barrel ring holding it on the rifle. It's only a big deal if you want to change out the sights like I wanted to do. I couldn't find an inexpensive option, so I just put the scope on it and called it a day. Other than that, it's a good little rifle that I look forward to handing down to my son one day.

Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by RTC KJN View Post
    I got a Henry .22 mag for Christmas last year and have a fixed 4X Sightron scope on it. The trigger is fine for my use, but I do have one complaint about this little rifle. The front sight is plastic as is the barrel ring holding it on the rifle. It's only a big deal if you want to change out the sights like I wanted to do. I couldn't find an inexpensive option, so I just put the scope on it and called it a day. Other than that, it's a good little rifle that I look forward to handing down to my son one day.

Shannon
    Great,

Thanks for the info. That is a lil bit of concern to me bout the plastic........but not enough of a reason to not get that lil rifle. I'm guessing that with a 1-3 weaver, fully loaded the rifle will weigh around 6lbs. It has a length of 37 in. , that rifle will just be a darn good rilfe to carry around wearing a set of snow shoes. I'm enthused about the checkered walnut too. There really is no other rimfire of interest to me.....except the ruger model 96 but......they don't make them anymore and I sure don't care for the birch stock. What kind of groups are you getting with your Henry? Any malfunctions? Have a guesstimate on the trigger pull? Any nasty creep?

My 22lr has a 4X Barska on quick mounts and all tougher with a full load is rite at 6lbs 2oz, I think a mag will come in a bit less. Trigger is around 4.5 with no real creep but not a milky smooth pull either. The only other new made remfire lever I would look at is the Marlin. A Winchester, if you can find one on Gunbroker would bet them both hands down in my book, but those that have them don’t let them go very often.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

The Golden Boy Models, for Rimfire, have wayyyy, too much drop in the stock for me, plus they're pretty hefty, compared to the regular ones.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.