Thread: Yukon river moose scouting

Default Yukon river moose scouting

Hi,

I'm planning on heading up to Circle the second or third week of August for two days of Moose recon work. How is the Yukon that time of year? I've driven up plenty of times, so the road condition is not an issue, yet, if anyone has been up I would appreciate a road report. I'll be pulling a 16' river boat w/ 60 hp Jet. How high is the river? I plan on doing some pike fishing also, anyone pull anything out lately? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would definately be interested in a trip report when you get back! I am not going to be there this year but I would like to go for pike next year. At the moment I am working on getting my boat in the shop and tuned up....for winter....

Default For sure

Yeah, I will definately send a post up after I get back. I don't know though, maybe not. If I get there and it's nice, I'm staying. My keys will be in the gas tank. Somebody can come take my truck! Haha!! I am going off the grid and severing ties with society. Send a smoke signal through Verizon after this whole "Liberalism" garbage is done!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by smallmonzter View Post
    Hi,

I'm planning on heading up to Circle the second or third week of August for two days of Moose recon work. How is the Yukon that time of year? I've driven up plenty of times, so the road condition is not an issue, yet, if anyone has been up I would appreciate a road report. I'll be pulling a 16' river boat w/ 60 hp Jet. How high is the river? I plan on doing some pike fishing also, anyone pull anything out lately? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

WET!!!!!!!

i woould suspect that this year there will be gravle showing in places daylight has long since missed.... we are VERY VERY dry this year... a saw winch would be a good investment this year i think...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Yukon was pretty high mid July, not sure where it is at now. Goes up pretty good with hot July weather causing ice and snowfields in Canada to melt.

You heading up from Circle or down? Good pike fishing at the mouths and lower sections of the bigger rivers up from Circle, and in some of the sloughs off the Yukon.

But mid to late August river should be lower, all depends on what the weather is doing. Have fun,

The plan (tenatively) is to head up towards Ft. Yukon on day one of scouting and then back down on day two. My father is coming up from Michigan and it looks like I will probably only have one shot at scouting the area so I have to make the moose-t of it....excuse the pun....THanks for the info so far.