Thread: fletching jigs

Default fletching jigs

I'm planning on purchasing my first jig. Any suggestions or cautions? It would be nice to multi arrow jig.

Thanks

Default Bitzenburger

All the fletchers I know say these are the best out there.

Have fun,

I have 6 bitz, and 6 bpe pros, all single's. I love the bitz but have realized the bpe's stand right beside and at a fraction of the cost and have become my main go to fletching jig.

I think you're better off buying more then one jig then any multi jig. Most shops if not all of the bigger shops are running a round table of bitz's. The table spins allowing you to sit. If you do buy a multi, stay AWAY from the JO Jan Multi fletch jig. The tolerances are horrible to the point mixing up clamps in slots can give you horrible results.

I have a bitzenburg. Simply the best!!!! I have only one for the fact that I want each arrow to match exactly.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default jig?

Have been using a bitz for many years and love it. Adjustable to any size arrow shaft!

I use a Bitzenburg and like Alaska Gray use only one, slower but I'm only fletching shafts for myself.

Nice to see TradBow's take on the bpe pros, I'll check them out if I need another jig.

Red face Jig!

Bitzenburg, used the same one for 25 years slow, simple, proven over time the best! Bill.

I've had Bitz, BPE, & Jo-Jan. I'm down to the Jo-Jans & quite content. I generally just use one because I've gone to fletch tape (also happy with that!) & there's no waiting time for drying.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default vanes now

Good point about using only one jig...make everything identical.

What about vanes now?

Quote Originally Posted by averageguy View Post
    What about vanes now?

There are many good vanes out there but after trying many differnt types I use duravanes 4'. Why the 4'? I'm still old school so I still use golden key 3-d rover which has pronges. 4' dosen't make contact with my rest so I'm good to go. And have great arrow flight with the 4' vanes

Feathers? I use them for indoor targets but when it comes to hunting I do not due to the weather up here tends to be wet. Wet feathers can affect your arrow. YES the do have spray so the water beads off your feathers.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Regarding the BPE Pro's.

The bitz may be the caddy of jigs, where as the bpe pro model is the ferrari!!!

The BPE Pro has more adjustments that I wish the bitz had!

As far as one jig VS a set of jigs. I cannot see a difference between jigs! I do mark my jigs and clamps to keep them with the appropriate jig and have seen in the past were other less quality controlled jigs seem to fail in tolerance departments. That said if you bought 3, 6 or what have you Bitz or BPE Pro's once set up you'll never see a difference!

I still have and love my first ever jig, a bitz, but I rely as a small time arrow builder (taking the past year or so off now) entirely on my bpe pro's these days!!!

I use an Arizona EZ Fletch. THat what I learned on and continue to use. It's simple, inexpensive and seems to do a great job. ANybody else have experience with these or maybe some downfalls that I haven't realized?