Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuma's calls

Default Kuma's calls

If you need a custom made call please call. I'm taking orders for the season. 907-575-5378. Mallard single or double's. Working out the kinks on the goose.

how much are your calls?

Post Interested

Do you have any pic's you could post of the calls and how much are you asking?

Default Calls

How can I hear or try the calls? What are they made of?

Ya'll can trust me, these are top notch high end calls! I've used them in Florida, Arkansas, and now Alaska with deadly results. I've got two and have all the confindence I need with Kuma's Calls.

Default Kuma's shred

Fella's, My calls are primo! They work well and sound great. Morgan can attest to this, along with a handful of fella's who use em. I do custom work and it's only a hobby! Next on the list is goose I'll master it over the winter., due to a deployment last one. By a hunter for the hunter. My calls are hunting calls not mantle art. Smoke em boys. Send me pics of the calls you like.

Kuma,

Do you make crane calls?
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

Sorry. Crane calls...I've been asked about that 2x now.

Make it 3 and get on it over the winter.

Sure will. I'm currently in the process of buying a house. Hope it don't screw up duck season. This winter I'm gonna turn a bunch of calls. I can't wait.

You can't go wrong with Kuma's Calls. I don't leave home without it, and it produces great results every hunt. Once you try one it will be the only call you'll use. I highly reccomend Kuma's Calls to any Duck hunter.

Default KC

Thanks Bear Hunter. Slay em up on one sept.

One last question...Do you make or can you make single reed goose flutes?

AMH
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

I only make single/double reed duck calls. Sorry! Just a hobby and will expand next year. I'll keep it in mind.

Secured the pad...The shop will get upgraded thanks to the pres and a nice tax rebate. I'm sure we all will pay in the end. I'm gonna start turning calls about 1 oct...Got lots of orders so turn around may be a few, I'll do my best to get em out quick.

Don't want to hijack this thread too far, but I have some questions...

We were looking through the Cabelas' waterfowl cat yesterday and got to just laughing up a storm about the dozen pages of duck/goose calls. It seemed that each call was available in a dozen different color patterns. Why? Do different colors make different noises? Some colors cost more than others. So if the "guts" are the same, why would anyone spend 10 or 20 dollars more for the same call in a different color?

Now here's what really got to me... the cheapest calls ran around 20-30 bucks. But then there are a number of calls that ranged from $150 up to $200!!! That is simply insane. They all make the same bloody noise! Why would you pay $200 for what can be had for $20???
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

#1 Price. High dollar calls are nice! Expecially if it is hand turned by Phil Robertson himself. I like the guy but I would not pay 20 bucks for a duck commander plain Jane. Here is why. I don't like the way they sound.
    Every call sounds different. Material. Arcrilic is very expensive. I will never venture into it. Big CNC lathes turn em then they are polished. Just too expensive.

#2 Every competetor has different sound boards/reeds/calibrations. Just depends. I personaly like my call because I like Echo products and the fella who taught me how to turn them also taught me how to call with them. I used Mallard tones before that. un-lucky to hunt with a purple call. ???
    I'll make you a buitiful call, that compares to the 100 dollar one's, for 50. I hope more people chime in on this and can elaborate. Happy hunting I'm gonna tear up Fairbanks!!!

Default Bear hunter 09's call

Bear Hunter 09 Has a real nice pink call. Sounds like a Kazoo!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Kuma sounds like you got a good product in the making here...

but..

you need to get with Baitem907 and discuss the advertising in the threads and how it upsets some of the forum sponsors who pay to have the adds in the hunting forums...

get hold of Icebear. (pam) and get your self a small add set up... or sponsor the waterfowl forums...

or get a banner add in place as mine is to link to your own website...

Not raining on you... just trying to save you some grief... and if you need help getting started or assistance getting things to anch... feel free to ask i am back and forth all the time..

Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I'll try to think out loud here with no intentions to offend anyone.

Custom calls are like custom anything.....rifles, packs, knives....etc. In most cases you get what you pay for. (Not always though) And this doesn't justify the $150-$200 call prices.

The major thing driving that price is the clientele, or type of customers buying calls. Water fowling is considered in some high society circles as a gentleman’s sport. So you have your rich high society willing to pay for them and then, you have average Joe saying "Darn, I need to keep up with Mr. Jones"

Additionally, if some caller wins a calling contest somewhere with your call, where the judges are humans and not water fowl, you get to increase your price, because he is making his rounds with the local media or the local forums on every site. Can it call in a duck? Not sure, but "hey", it sounded good to the board of judges. (Politics)

Sad thing is a lot of those calls are made by CNC machine and take no time to make, and have a huge profit margin. Plus, most of the makers out there are using someone else’s sound boards and inserts? So most of that market is nothing but a bunch of fancy barrel makers. Would you want to buy a "Joe" call from Larry the call maker, who uses "Joe's" parts, or should you just save a few bucks and buy it from "Joe"? Besides its "Joes" sound isn't it? (Just something to think about)

And some materials will drive the price, as the base cost for the maker to get the materials is higher. Example: elephant ivory, you won't get that cheap. Some exotic woods also. Acrylics aren't that expensive or had to polish and most call makers can do some fine work out of them with just a lathe and a few tools, but some group’s think the word acrylic means add another $75 to the price of my call.

Customs are the way to go with all call arenas if you can find a maker you like because most customs are tuned, for ease of use and better sounds, and in most cases, always a classier looking call made with some of the finest materials.

Here’s a couple of side notes after you have seen those calls in the Cabelas Catalog, and to give you something to look at if you feel inclined to do so.

1. Look on Ebay where you can find a lot of fancy duck calls, that rival or better most of the famous high $$$$ makers, and you'll see that you can get a decent call for $35-$50 Granted you'll have to wade through a few hacks, but generally you can tell.

2. Look at the custom predator call arena. They make the same types of calls, fancy and all just with a different sounds, but because its more a blue collar, or poor mans sport, their average calls are from $20-$30 with the fancy ones going for $50-$70 on average. Plus a few of these makers make duck calls, but they are lower priced.

It’s a mad circle between the two hobbies. Water Fowl makers want to break into the predator call arena as a new market, but they bring their duck call prices and in most cases fail. Predator call makers try to make water fowl calls also for a new market, but because they are considered predator call makers first by their peers and not water fowl makers, hardly any make it or can ask the price, but the advantage is yours as the customer. You’re getting the same call for a much cheaper price. In most cases at a cost less then a 1/3 of what you would pay.

Sorry I rambled, but it gives ya something to think about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast