Thread: Beaver Creek Moose Float 2010

Default Beaver Creek Moose Float 2010

I am trying to plan a Moose float in 2010 and thought Beaver creek may be a good option. Has anyone tried this drainage? I am looking for a good beginner float. How about transporters in the area? Any recommendations? Any help in this would be great, thanks!
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." Theodore Roosevelt, 1913

Default WOW

Not a bad option for a first float hunt, expect ample people to be with you. Forum history has lots of data.

Call Bob at Wright Air Service they have 206 Helo service to V. Creek. Start your float at Nome Creek. Make sure you check Water Conditions might be a little float drag at the begining.

Nice Trip not to many hazards on a normal year.

Best of Luck.

Blue Moose

Default nome creek

I was just camping at nome creek put in, unless we get some rain be prepared to line for a few miles. If I was going to do this trip I would leave several days before moose season maybe get ahead of the others that will start day before the opening. Bring a rod for the grayling.

Thanks for the comments!

Has anyone does this float from Nome to Victoria Creek? I am trying to get an accurate idea on timing. Assuming I hunt hard which means a few days of getting off the creek. What kind of time frame should I expect? Feel free to PM me or email me adfraiser@hotmail.com

Thanks, adfraiser
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." Theodore Roosevelt, 1913