Thread: Wife's 1st Flyrod Fish

Talking Wife's 1st Flyrod Fish

I just had to share this with everyone. The wife's first flyrod fish on the Redington RS4 combo that she bought for herself! We decided to go down to the Russian on Friday and there were hardly any fish at all. I only saw maybe 10-15 Reds all day. I spent my time trying to spot them for the Wife and she did awesome. I didn't even hook up but that didn't matter! I can't wait to take her back when they are plentiful so she can have a blast!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0799.jpg  

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

To this day and Im sure forever. There is nothing better than watching your wife catch a fish and love every minute of it. Errrrrrrrrrrr wait, Maybe your sons first or your daughters 1st but that is a greatr pic. Im blessed I get to fish with my best friend, wife and oh heck lover. I take pride in getting out fished by her. I was the one on the sticks.

Great Job AK and I love that smile on her face
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default Very Nice

Way cool.My wife thinks she outfishes me all the time .Who am I to tell her any different.Besides it is great to have your best friend,lover,buddy share such a thrilling moment with you.Congradulations to you both.

I like that spot a lot! congrats I love getting women into their first flyrod fish
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

" ...There is nothing better than watching your wife catch a fish ..."

I know what you mean! Good stuff!

ak_sierra, you should be proud of her.

http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Default Awesome!!

Be sure to remind your wife that her first fish is bigger than the biggest fish many guys in the lower 48 will ever land on a fly rod. Sad but true.

Sidenote, I ordered my wife her first fly rod yesterday. I would rather slam my pecker in a door than teach her how to cast it, but I am excited that she is willing to give it a go. I will put down a few cold ones and think calm thoughts as she cuts me the eye when I give her the "press the pan forward, don't bend your wrist so much" bit. Flyfishing is not rocket science. Problem is of course, that she doesn't know this

Cabelas has a good deal on the Wright and Mcgill "Fly Girl" rod and matching reel. Made for women, light, small diameter grip, etc... And most importantly it comes in a pretty purple color. Ha ha... It is important to support the women. Especially when it comes to things in life that are this important

A fly rod casting dvd for women folk...

http://www.amazon.com/Joan-Wulffs-Dy...8680688&sr=8-1

And a book "Women flyfish Alaska"...

http://www.amazon.com/Fly-Fishing-Wo...8680731&sr=8-1
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I think you both caught a keeper!!!!

Brett

Wink Redington.com

Don't forget to post the photo on the Redington web site. They always enjoy seeing their products in use with happy results. Tight lines.