Thread: Hoyt Bow and Drop Away Rests

Default Hoyt Bow and Drop Away Rests

I went shopping for a new drop-away for my Hoyt Power Hawk because it only came with a WB and of course I need a drop-away to shoot my new FOBs

Anyways, I went to an archery place in the area and was basically told that the only drop-away that will work with my bow is one made by Hoyt. The person working pulled out a G5 drop-away and tried to slide it up in there and it did look like it wouldn't fit. I then went to the range area while a buddy who was looking at a new bow tried it out. While I was over there, I was then told that a Trophy Ridge Dropzone would also not fit. I didn't get to see that one.

I guess my question is, does anyone know if these rests truly won't fit or know of any rests that will?

Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with buying a Hoyt rest except in this case A) the Hoyt rest is $65 more than the other two I looked at and B) I'm not sure if the Hoyt rest will have enough clearance for the FOB. I'm also not sure if the shop was just trying to push a brand they deal in. Any answers are appreciated. Thanks!

ummm...I think that's crap.

sorry, unless you have a bow by hoyt that's new that I don't know about that only takes hoyt rests, I think you're getting mis information from the shops...

There's no reason why you have to buy a hoyt rest for your bow.

you CAN buy certain rests that come with hoyt mounts that are made for hoyt bows, but generally you put any dropaway rest on your bow.

In drop aways, my personal favorite is the Vapor trail limbdriver. And I've shot a lot of rests before. I don't use drop aways anymore but if I needed to shoot one, that would be it.

Default I smell a rat!

Ak Hunter, this is my personal opinion, but I have a hard time believing that only a Hoyt rest will work with your Hoyt bow.

I am sure somebody will correct me here if I am wrong, but I thinks all manufacturer use the same specs so that you have the flexibility to mount different hardware.

If it is indeed true that only a Hoyt rest will work, then I would consider selling that bow, and buy a bow from a different manufacturer.

I have a trophy taker drop away on my hoyt katera and it works great. When I got mine they told me most anything will work on it. I think they told you wrong unless something is different with your bow.

Look at a ripcord drop away. You can lock your arrow in place and not have to worry about it flopping off.

I have a Ripcord on a Hoyt Vectrix XL. No problems, works perfectly with FOBs.

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. It looks like I may be shopping somewhere else for a rest. Thanks guys.

I shoot a drop-away rest on my Hoyt Powertec, have forever, and it is not a Hoyt. I know the PowerHawk is a newer Hoyt but I can't imagine they would do something like that. Let us know what you find out. Can you purchase Hoyt equipment anywhere around AK?

Quote Originally Posted by AK_Hoytgirl View Post
    I shoot a drop-away rest on my Hoyt Powertec, have forever, and it is not a Hoyt. I know the PowerHawk is a newer Hoyt but I can't imagine they would do something like that. Let us know what you find out. Can you purchase Hoyt equipment anywhere around AK?
    Yeah, the place I went is a Hoyt dealer and I think that is why they were pushing the Hoyt drop-away. I asked how much and they told me $165. I'm going to order a Ripcord and go from there. I'll repost when I get it on the bow.

Default ripcord

Ripcord is a good rest at reasonable price, and it works fine with FOBs. If you order FOBs directly from Starrflight, on the first order, they will want to know everything about your bow plus rest. They give you specific advice to make your setup painless.

The Vapor Trail Limb Driver is a well respected rest as well. Fellow FOB Freaks swear by the Limb Driver.

Yep, the Limbdriver is a so easy to install and tune, even I can do it.

That,s crap .I have a NAP,s quick tune on my Katera XL and it works great
    Hoyt Katera XL toughest Bow Going

Default Limbdriver

Well, I went with the Limbdriver instead of the Ripcord and it fits fine. I put the rest itself on the bow and there are no clearance issues at all. Now I just have to get the rest of it installed lol.