Thread: Delta Clearwater

Default Delta Clearwater

Me and my parents headed out to Valdez then Tangled Lakes then Delta clearwater for some fish. Valdez was a big hit, the others were not. Delta clearwater was supposed to be the big hit but my dad got stung 12-15 times by bees so we had to leave.

Now

Where do I flyfish? We parked kind of by the boat launch and fished that general area but didn't see anything. I was putting on some waders fixing to go upstream, when my dad got stung.

Is there a better parking area? Or do I need a boat? I just started flyfishing and havn't gotten too good at it yet but am eager to get back out there..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jduvall89 View Post
    Me and my parents headed out to Valdez then Tangled Lakes then Delta clearwater for some fish. Valdez was a big hit, the others were not. Delta clearwater was supposed to be the big hit but my dad got stung 12-15 times by bees so we had to leave.

Now

Where do I flyfish? We parked kind of by the boat launch and fished that general area but didn't see anything. I was putting on some waders fixing to go upstream, when my dad got stung.

Is there a better parking area? Or do I need a boat? I just started flyfishing and havn't gotten too good at it yet but am eager to get back out there..thanks

I've never fished for Grayling by the boat launch or the lodge. IMO, your best bet to catch HUGE grayling is take a boat upriver.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/