Thread: Question Concerning Proxy Hunting

Question Question Concerning Proxy Hunting

Hi all,

Alrighty long story short-ish. My Father and I put in for our hunt draws this year, as every year. Only difference is this year he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. When draw time came around he was feeling fine, put in for his usual draws and ended up with a winter Ft. Rich archery moose hunt.

However, at this time the chemotherapy is starting to catch up and he is having 3 or so days in a row after every Chemo where he is unable to really get out and do anything due to how much it takes out of his system.

Our question is, if he's feeling like this come hunt time, is it possible to have me proxy-hunt his draw permit in his place? The regs addressed registration hunts and the like but I didn't see anything regarding drawing hunts. I know F&G is always a good place to double check but wanted to see if anyone here had previous experience.

Thanks guys,

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

double check total proxy limitations ... there are a lot of them .. and then confirm with fish and game

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

The regs say that proxy hunting is allowed for moose in bull hunts with no antler restrictions and in anterless moose hunts. That would cover the base hunts, so I think you're good to go as long as a doctor will sign off on a 70% disability statement. Elsewhere on the page explaining proxy rules (page 12) the words "harvest tickets and/or permits" is used, indicating that draw permits are indeed covered by proxy hunting. I'm sorry to hear that your father is going through this, but hopefully you'll be able to help him out in this way. I harvested a caribou for my sister a few years ago while she was going through chemotherapy, and it was a huge help to her as she was also unable to go afield at the time. Best of luck to you.

Pray all works out well for your Dad and he can make the hunt

I hope your dad comes through it and makes the hunt.
    I ♥ Big Sheep