Thread: Alaska Backpacker ammo

Default Alaska Backpacker ammo

I just have bought some of this brand in .44 mag 300gr. I'm curious to know what other forum members think of this round.
    Thanks, sayak

I've seen a gun blowed up with the stuff. I prefer ammo made by a company with a reputation for quality, not something loaded in someones garage and sold at Walmart.

VF Grace distributes it.

I have it. Mine is 320gr slavo's though. I have only put about 5 rounds through my super blackhawk with no issues. I was just shooting them to see how the performed.

I picked up some new stuff the other day at Mt View Sports. COR BON 44 Rem Mag 320gr HC 42.50 for a box of 25 Velocity 1175fps energy 981ft/lbs I have not shot them yet. My backpackers were a couple of years old so I just wanted to replace them.

I do know my wife enjoyed shooting a few rounds of them though.

Oh and the COR BON is made in the USA
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    I've seen a gun blowed up with the stuff. I prefer ammo made by a company with a reputation for quality, not something loaded in someones garage and sold at Walmart.

VF Grace distributes it.
    Well that would be difficult to do since he loads the same old powder and bullets as all the other companies who load that expensive hard cast bear ammo. The powder charge in a 44 mag with a 300 grain hard cast bullet, will fill the case regardless who is loading it.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Well that would be difficult to do since he loads the same old powder and bullets as all the other companies who load that expensive hard cast bear ammo. The powder charge in a 44 mag with a 300 grain hard cast bullet, will fill the case regardless who is loading it.
    Well I guess he, whoever he is, didnt load the same old load on the round that blew up, did he.

Sort of like the blown Tikka that Federal is in the process of replacing for us where all other rounds in the box tested OK. Thats sort of turned me off Tikka, especially with the other reports I have, and I know who they are. Stuff happens.

But hey, you want to shoot some dudes basement ammo, feel free. Ill stick to HSM and Corbon, companies I know will back their stuff up and are, in my experience generally problem free.

Especially since my customers are the ones who could get hurt.

Ever see the CorBon shop when it started.

you can buy a new car and it can blow up as you drive it off the lot. It happens. One bad does not override alot if good Bullets, cars, boats, engines, wifes, etc etc.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Maybe if it was called Alaskan Bearhunter instead of Alaska Backpacker I'd buy off on the stuff. With a name like that (Backpacker) I envision a dreadlocked NorthFace-dork shooting Granola-bullets laced with salmon-oil out of a custom hemp revolver to "entice" the bear away! HAHA!

I will stick with manufacturers that put their contact information on their boxes, at least I have someone to squeal at if I do have a problem with their ammo.

-J

Quote Originally Posted by jay51 View Post
    Maybe if it was called Alaskan Bearhunter instead of Alaska Backpacker I'd buy off on the stuff. With a name like that (Backpacker) I envision a dreadlocked NorthFace-dork shooting Granola-bullets laced with salmon-oil out of a custom hemp revolver to "entice" the bear away! HAHA! -J
    Yup-yup!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

One bad does not override alot if good
    Except when the bad cant or wont make it good. And being in the biz, we need someone to cover our butts if things go bad and we get chased.

Default Revolver?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post

VF Grace distributes it.
    Wildalaska,

Was that gun a revolver?
    Do you recall the make/model?

Thanks.

Default basement

FYI....this basement reloader produces some very find rounds. Every case perfectly trimmed and prepped. Exactly measured charges.....well set primers in a cleaned and inspected pocket. Well placed bullets....ect.......

When I load a round I've given it 100% attention. That includes my reseach and record keeping.

My 265g 41mag hard casts loaded with Lil gun are dependable and accurate in my pistol and I wouldn't shoot anything else out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 6XLeech View Post
    Wildalaska,

Was that gun a revolver?
    Do you recall the make/model?

Thanks.
    If my addled brain serves me correctly it was a Blackhawk

FYI....this basement reloader produces some very find rounds. Every case perfectly trimmed and prepped. Exactly measured charges.....well set primers in a cleaned and inspected pocket. Well placed bullets....ect.......

When I load a round I've given it 100% attention. That includes my reseach and record keeping.
    Me too. I sleep with a reloading book

I just spit coffe all over my computer, thanks..... LMAO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jay51 View Post
    Maybe if it was called Alaskan Bearhunter instead of Alaska Backpacker I'd buy off on the stuff. With a name like that (Backpacker) I envision a dreadlocked NorthFace-dork shooting Granola-bullets laced with salmon-oil out of a custom hemp revolver to "entice" the bear away! HAHA!

-J

Quote Originally Posted by aknewbie View Post
    I just spit coffe all over my computer, thanks..... LMAO!!!!!
    Hay, don't laugh . . . we may need to take then serous when they start making guns with their pot stash.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Have you ever looked to see who started Kahr Arms,it was Moonies and as far as I know they still do.Damm good guns