Thread: Turkey Deep Fat Fryer Stove

Default Turkey Deep Fat Fryer Stove

I cannot emphasize enough, that you use this idea at your own risk. And carefully weight the safety of this concept against the potential accident and remoteness of medical help.

That being said, there is simply nothing faster to vaporize water.

The basic idea is to use the burner from the turkey deep fat fryer. If you stare @ your turkey fryer, you will notice that the only problem is the bulky & heavy stand/base.

I could probably use suggestions for a better base than a coffee can. This is a little "tippy" for a big pot, and NUMEROUS holes need to be drilled in the top of the can to allow proper ventilation / escape for the flame.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One more photo

One more caution; Use the idea at your own risk

One last request; give me ideas for a better base than a coffee can
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good idea you have. Maybe a small galvanized bucket would work better.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Probably an old propane bottle would work too, just gotta make sure it is washed out/aired out completely to remove any residual propane gas before cutting it to the height that you need. (safety first and foremost) Seems to have a nice heavy base on them that would likely stand up to the task. Unless you are looking for something that would probably require less work to convert then I would go with an old atv tire rim.

An old helium tank for airing up party balloons or an old Freon tank would be great as they are much like the LP tank but of thinner stock. Look at some flower shops and HVAC contractors and you should be able to get one for free since they are just trash when empty.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I don't get it, why don't you just leave it on the stand if you're looking for a stable way to support it?

The original stands are too heavy & bulky. On large group raft trips I sometimes take a large turkey fryer stove with it's base, but only when I need two of them. Most of the time I take a slick fold up version sold by NRS. The problem with it is the high cost. The tin can base shown above solves the cost issue, and is still fairly light & compact.

BTW, you can just buy the burner, and make whatever you want for a base. Amazon sells them.