Thread: Icy Bay Drop Hunts

Default Icy Bay Drop Hunts

I am curious if anybody on the forum has experience with dropoff hunts for moose in the Icy Bay/Cape Yakutaga area. PM me if you want to keep the downlow in the closet.

Never hunted there but I have a friend that has flown over that area many times and he has been trying to get me to go down that way for a moose hunt. Some real hammers down that way but the weather can be atrocious. I know of a public use cabin that can be reserved on a lake near there but the name escapes me.

I don't know that chubby chick from the AK experiment last year sure didn't have any luck down there! <grin>

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I don't know that chubby chick from the AK experiment last year sure didn't have any luck down there! <grin>
    Staged.

I think they should have another series based on truly badass Ak ourdoormen/ourdoorchicks VS city slickers.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Staged.

I think they should have another series based on truly badass Ak ourdoormen/ourdoorchicks VS city slickers.
    sign me up..... I'll be one of the city slickers..

Default Icy Bay

Hunted Icy bay this spring for brown Bear. Seen several bears all too small. Other hunter got a 16 yr 0ld boar about 9-1/2' There is accomodaitons available - Icy Bay lodge owned and operated by George and Jill Davis. Stayed there, good lodging, excellant meals and super people. Give George a call, he has water transport and a Cessna 206. Knows the area real well. Won't steer you wrong. Did not see many moose but lots of sign especially once you got off beach area. Tell him mcreg Says "Hi".

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    sign me up..... I'll be one of the city slickers..
    You could really throw people off by getting some nasty scope bite!!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed