Thread: Thanks!

Default Thanks!

Hello,

For my first post I'd like to say a big thank you to all the folks here who have been so generous in sharing their fishing information and experiences. I've been reading the forum for the last week or so and am blown away by the wealth of info and knowledge being shared here, not to mention some interesting and friendly folks.

Like a lot of people I came here looking for information because some friends and I have a fishing trip to Alaska coming up, July 2011. If that two years seemed like a long time away when we planned it, it seems like a HECK OF A LONG TIME away now that I've had a taste of the entheusiasm and excitement that comes through in the posts on this forum!

There's an amazing amount of fishing info here and I'll be pecking away over the coming months trying to get a feel for some technique, tackle and destination stuff, no doubt asking some noob questions. LOL!

- Jay

Welcome to the forum man

Classy introduction.

I have been to Maine 5 times in the last two years. Beautiful state.

Recognize these?

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

You have come to the right place Jay, and good luck on your planning. I have a substantially shorter wait for our trip - 4 days and counting down !!

Default "recognize these?"

Yup, and there's some **** fine stripe bass fishing VERY close by.

When you head up this way again give me a shout and we'll load up one of my boats with some poles, grub and beverages and go lookin' for 'em. Alternatively, due southeast of that second lighthouse is Jeffrey's Ledge. Some good cod, haddock, pollock fishing grounds. A couple of 70+ lb cods yielded there this season.

Thanks for the welcome, - Jay

Default Help with your trip

Hey Jay,

I moved here from Maine about 3 years ago. Let me know if you need any help planning your trip.

It's nice to remember the stripers at the head.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by oldmil007 View Post

Yup, and there's some **** fine stripe bass fishing VERY close by.

That is for sure. I have been living on Nantucket for the last two and half years. Big stripers for sure. Below is the wife outfishing me again

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    That is for sure. I have been living on Nantucket for the last two and half years. Big stripers for sure. Below is the wife outfishing me again

And the fish ain't bad either.

Any chance you could post a picture of the trailer too?

On second thought, being a mite older than the lady pictured, I'd probably just hurt myself. lol!

Seriously though, I saw some of the pictures you posted of your wife and you on some beautiful Alaskan fish. You both are very blessed to be able to enjoy this great sport together. That said, if we get a chance to fish some Maine waters together, it looks like we're going to have to team up not to get outfished by her.

- Jay

Yeah, I tell her how sexy she looks in waders, she just laughs. As for her outfishing me, I like it. The more she enjoys fishing, the more fishing I seem to be doing. Funny how that works