Thread: price of a new atv's how much can you take um down.

Default price of a new atv's how much can you take um down.

Does anyone else feel that atv's are way to expensive? I just was pricing a can am 450cc quad $7700, yamaha blaster 200cc $3500 and yamaha banshee 350 $6100. I remember when my brother bought a new honda 4 wheeler in the late 80's for $1100. There was motorsports shop in my old town that was closing and I was talking to the salesman when I was helping a friend load up his new honda foreman and he was telling me they only pay $2500 for a new foreman. He told me they got to put on the tires/rims and handle bars and then they throw it out on the floor with a $6500 price tag. In other words you would think there would be some room for negotiation. The most I could get one of these guys down was $500.

Is there anyone out there that got a screaming deal on a wheeler?
    What was the most you ever talked a salesman down?

Any time you look at Can Ams they will cost you a lot more. I guess it is the privilage to have a machine built in Mexico.

If you buy 8 at a time like I do they give you a discount Otherwise look for promotions here http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...promotions.asp
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default I Just bought one

I agree that price has gone up over the years but considering what came stock with mine and still got the price down......some, I am happy with my mud pro

If you are interested in a Honda check out All Seasons Honda in Homer. Those guys were way cheaper than all other Honda dealerships. (A lot cheaper)

I live in the Valley and have my service work done here.

It's called dollar deflation. All of these atv's are made in foreign countries, and as both Government Debt and Personal Debt sky rocket the Dollar sinks against foreign currencies. I believe it's lost almost 90% of it's value since the Reagan Administration with no end in sight. As the Dollar continues to plummet, foreign made products will only get more expensive. At some point we may not be able to afford them at all. So my advice is buy 'em now while you can before an atv costs 2 years salary.

If you want a Yamaha or Polaris and live in Anchorage or the valley I can provide some info for a couple of great deals. Other brands I cannot help you. If interested PM me and I'll respond.

Only thing I can say is if you are looking at Honda's, don't exect much of a discount. When I bought mine I tried to get the salesman to come down, he said he wouldn't because they can sell them for what they are asking. I told him I would buy 2 if he gave us a deal on them, he dropped the price down $500 each and threw in some hot grips for both machines.

I'd also check with the dealership in Homer, when the wife was looking for a new Rancher they had the best price going but didn't have what she wanted in stock.

Perhaps you should decide which model you want first before you decide price is more important than any thing else.
    Hit ebay if you want the cheapest price and are willing to arrange shipping and final assembly.
    Tennessee

Try comparing the price of new pickup truck from the late 80's to today, aint nothing cheap anymore. But wages are also much better today than they were in the late 80's. Got to look at things in the appropriate perspectiives. I remember when i joined the service in 1991, I got payed like $240 every two weeks, soldiers today, find me a soldier that makes that little money today, I bet they make 3 times that.

If you can wait, during the State Fair there are some deals to be had. Otherwise you'll have to wait till next Spring and buy the holdover's for a discount.

Wink

buy Before 28 feb...any year , its winter up here ....and starting to be "spring outside" down in the states... they dump the last years at a lower price. then on the 1st of march the folks running the ads jack 'em up.. it would not hurt after a week of "mins 35 below" to walk in and get a deal as it would make there whole week .....
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......