Thread: Regulations on out of state fishers

Default Regulations on out of state fishers

I'm going dip netting this weekend and I know my brother in law who has only been back in Alaska for only 6 months is not allowed to dip net. I also heard he can't even drive the boat but I can't find that regulation anywhere. Does anybody know if this is true or not?
    PS: Are they still hitting them out there on the mouth of the Kenai?

I don't have the regulation off-hand, and not sure about specifically driving the boat, but I've always been under the impression that non-residents can't help in any way catch, transport, or process. I'm assuming driving the boat would fall under transporting.

That is off the top of my head, though, and I could be wrong, but I would find out for certain before you try it whether he can pilot the boat.

Same here. Off the top of my head, a non-res can not dirve the boat or touch the fish, carry coolers ect... Unless it has changed but I doubt it. They can be in the boat and watch, but can not touch anything!

Default Regs on non-residents.

"Non-residents MAY NOT participate in personal use fisheries. Participation includes, but is not limited to, handling the gear, handling the fish, or driving the boat."

Regs are here:

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/regio...luse/index.cfm

~tr

Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post
    "Non-residents MAY NOT participate in personal use fisheries. Participation includes, but is not limited to, handling the gear, handling the fish, or driving the boat."

Regs are here:

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/regio...luse/index.cfm

~tr
    Ahh thought so. I guess I skimmed passed that the first time. Thanks..

Well he'll be ready next year!