Thread: Be there In 5 days! Itenerary

Default Be there In 5 days! Itenerary

Here are my plans, Let me know if I should tweak them at all based on reports..

July 29 Arrive late Sleep..
    July 30 Go to Cabin in Cooper Landing Fish the Russian
    July 31 Fish the Russian/Kenai
    August 1 Drive to Seward for Kenai Fjords cruise/tour with seafood buffet
    August 2 ProfishNSea 6 pack combo charter in Seward
    August 3 Head back to Anchorage stop by and fish in Hope on the way
    August 4 and 5 Find fish either North or South of Anchorage????

Leave early August 6th

I have a good boat rental coupon for Seward and was cosidering it on the 3rd but don't know if there will be any options from a small rental boat then?? Rockfish? Maybe Coho?? I do like making fish and chips out of rockfish..

Thanks
    Cody

Aug 3-5 I would be back in Seward! Weather permitting, you should be able to get coho's and rockfish from a small boat. Right now the weather there is horrible! Hope it gets better before you get here. Aviod Anchorage other than for the airport in and out...

Your itinerary looks pretty solid. The fishing should be great on the Russian then, and the silvers should be getting close enough to Seward that you could pick some up in a small rental boat around Thumb Cove. On your last couple of days, if you want something new you could drive north of Anchorage two hours and fish Willow Creek for pinks, chums, and silvers.

Cody
    Who is this "boat rental" coupon with?? Not many rental places in Seward. The bay is a large and unpredictable place for small boats, especially if you aren't familiar with the tides, currents & weather. Caution is advised; you go out on a flat calm morning and the afternoon is a completely different scenario.

Willow Creek sounds pretty sweet. It is somewhere I was thinking of checking out.

Boat Rental is with Millers Landing. I live in Oregon and own two boats so it is not my first time. Fishing the Colombia River and Buoy 10 I know what you mean about the change in conditions. Thanks for the words of caution I will definitely pay close attention to the conditions and take that into consideration when deciding to go out or not.

Thanks
    Cody

Millers rents 16 " Klammaths with small outboards. You might consider seeing if Sherrie will credit this coupon towards a short charter if the weather is snotty. She works deals to keep business and people happy. They have 3 different 6 pack boats & a larger water taxi that fishes up to 10 in the morning & evening usually targeting rockfish & salmon

Default Seward

I will be in Seward on the 1st and trying to get 3 more for a 6 pack on the 2nd with Saltwater Safari. If not we are going on the bigger boat for a Halibut and salmon combo.