Thread: Anywhere to buy a longbow around town

Default Anywhere to buy a longbow around town

Went into Backcountry yesterday he didn't have a longbow, but it seems he's the only shop in town right now until the Den gets back up and running. Any ideas?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Thumbs up Long Bow

Have one never used 60 RH 28" draw hanging up on the wall......hickory with Black fibeglass front and back......very nice bow.....take 150 for it I gave 200.

North Pole 4900307

AKPM How soon do you need it? All natural or glass backed? Laminate or solid limbs? Strait bow or hybrid? ect.

Might try E bay lots of good quality bows right now. The economy has been great for me and other collectors who haven't been hit.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

well I was hoping to start shooting it ASAP so I could learn it and take it to the haul road in a few weeks, my home jobs are all like 35# I'm looking for a laminated bow fiberglass bow but I'm hoping for a 50# with slight reflex thats ~68" I'm thining the PSE Sequoia because they will order it at backcountry, and I like to buy local...

I have two posted one is a take down.

The liberty is 66" 57@28lb beauty mrytle veneers over bamboo, cobola riser under clear glass

The other is 68" take down 60lbs at 28 bacote veneers over bamboo, osage and cocobola riser under clear glass.

both are reflex deflex longbows and both can take FF or Dynaflight strings, or any other of the new hybrid strings including the old standard of b50.

If you cant find them let me know I will bump them to the top.

Well I'm 4-6 weeks out right now and only biuld all natural bows. Tradbow has some excellent bows for sale and I'll guarantee they will out preform the PSE.

AKPM I have to say I think you've given up on building your own too easily. Even Paul Comstock broke his first "12 or so bows." And "built several kids bows before getting it right." Have you considered starting with a floor tillered stave?
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Man... I hope I never sink to this level... heehee

Just kidding, fellas!

They still putting stoppers on the front of those arrows? heehee

Oh, man, this is too much fun!

Taylor :-P

-[]------->

Mark would you explain your post please! I fail to see what level I've supposedly sunk too. Especially since I encouraged AKPM to give building his own another try and have offered to help him in the past.

PS are there enough for you to get the point that I'm more than a little annoyed with your post?
    BHA Member

If you can't see that was written in jest, well...

Sorry you're annoyed. My attempt at humor was directed at those who love the actual beauty of a good wood bow over a cam bow.

Just making light of it. No offense intended, and it wasn't directed at you although it came after your post.

Again, sorry. If I could delete the post, then I would. Didn't know it would ruffle feathers.

Taylor

-[]------->

Thank you Mark.
    BHA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    Man... I hope I never sink to this level... heehee

Just kidding, fellas!

They still putting stoppers on the front of those arrows? heehee

Oh, man, this is too much fun!

Taylor :-P

-[]------->
    That's funny right there. Coming from a guy that replaced his feathers with a Dixie cup.

akpm, I have a homemade slightly reflexed glassed longbow 64" that pulls 58# @28". Bamboo and cedar limbs with osage and other stuff in the riser. You're welcome to borrow it for your trip. Probably have arrows that would work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Well I'm 4-6 weeks out right now and only biuld all natural bows. Tradbow has some excellent bows for sale and I'll guarantee they will out preform the PSE.

AKPM I have to say I think you've given up on building your own too easily. Even Paul Comstock broke his first "12 or so bows." And "built several kids bows before getting it right." Have you considered starting with a floor tillered stave?
    Oh I'm not giving up on bow building, however I need a dependable stick for hunting, which my homejobs are not quite there yet, plus all my tools are in J town.

Speaking of which, anybody got a stave laying around?

Anyway Tradbow has a PM

Wanna give Ipe a try? One of the best bow woods out there as far as I'm concerned.

Glad your sticking with Bowyering.
    BHA Member

yea I'd love to try to make a bow thats not made from red oak ipe is as good as any

PM for directions and I'll get you set up this week.
    BHA Member