Thread: Looking for paddle that comes apart?

Default Looking for paddle that comes apart?

Looking for suggestions on whitewater kayaking paddles that easily come apart. I have an inflatable IK if that matters. Thoughts on paddles?

Default paddle

It is hard to beat the Werner desperado for an IK paddle. I used one extensively on about every stream locally, they are tough, light, and have a great feel to them.
    I now use a Werner Powerhouse bent shaft, because it is the same paddle I use with my hardshell. It is a 200cm versus the 220 for the desperado, and took a little getting used to using with an IK.
    Happy paddling
    MO

I ordered some two piece canoe paddles (hard to find) from Cascade Crags in Everett,WA a few years back to go with my Ally pack canoe. The contact guy there was Mike. His email is below if you want to see what he can do for you. From what I recall, most the paddles they customized were made by Aquabond.

mike@cascadespecialty.com
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default paddles

After many years of trying IK paddles in different types of boating- island crossings in Fiji, ocean surfing in OZ, and class white water, I have found SAWYER carbon/wood to not only be my favorite-- but also a work of art. They are all hand made one at a time. The 4 piece goes together tight and comes apart easy.
    You may want to give them a shout, Shaggy is the guy to talk to there.
    Good luck, Goo

Default Good idea Goo!

Dang Goo. Good suggestion. I forgot about the Sawyers. Saw them on the Alpacka Raft website a while back. Check out the link below...

https://www.alpackaraft.com/store/in...yID=56&do=list

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.