Thread: Anywhere to buy lowa sheephunters (GTX) in

Default Anywhere to buy lowa sheephunters (GTX) in

Anchorage or Fairbanks? I have a buddy looking for some.

I know Barney's carries the Hunter Extremes the (10" version of the Tibets.) The Lowa sheep hunters are a slightly different version, not sure of the differences something like an extra set of lace eyelets I believe is about all. I have the Hunter Extremes and like mine a lot.

Default Frontier and Beaver sports has them in FAI

I know that both stores carry the 10" Lowas. Frontier has more in stock. I still think that the Hanwags have them beat and you can order them from Lathrop and Son and get them with enough time to break them in.

Boot Country in Anchorage.

I always thought Hunter GTX boots were Sheep Hunters. One is Lowa's name and the other is Schnee's. I never looked closely enough to recognize any difference.

Default Sierra Trading Post

I'm not sure if your buddy wants to have boots shipped from the lower 48 but I bought Lowa Tibet GTX from Sierra Trading Post earlier this summer for 1/2 price plus free shipping. I ended up buying 2 pair of Lowas and a pair of Scarpa from them at over 1/2 price each. He may have to watch for the right model and sizes to come in but they are usually a heck of a deal. If they don't have Lowa Tibets they may have a different model your buddy may want? I have the Tibets and they are similar to the Hunters/Sheep Hunters but a little shorter and lighter. Just make sure he orders the right size so he doesn't have to return them!