Thread: Pencil lead sinker tip

Default Pencil lead sinker tip

I struggled, rubbing my fingers raw trying to pull that rubber sleeve over the pencil lead..until my wife made a simple suggestion. Put a tiny drop of dish washer soap onto the tip of the pencil lead or into the rubber sleeve...VOILA!...it slides right in like a hot knife through butter. I felt pretty lame finally figuring that out now...lol, but hopefully it helps someone else out. Anyone else want to admit they struggled with that at one time?
    Attached Images Attached Images

When on the river and no dish soap handy, just spit on the lead and in the tube. Works Great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    Anyone else want to admit they struggled with that at one time?
    No, I admit nothing but there just might be a hunk of lead laying at the bottom of some river somewhere in Alaska that got there after a short flight launched with a few cuss words.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin.

Or you could use hollow core lead and then you wouldn't have to use the rubber tubing, or the three way swivels.

KLICKMAN

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    When on the river and no dish soap handy, just spit on the lead and in the tube. Works Great!!!!

I've spitting for years. Works even better with a little Skoal in your lip!

Default Um...

Just an FYI...if you get it a little wet....and squish the tube down and insert the lead at the end and the slide your fingers back it creates a vacuum and the lead sucks right in.

Default uhh....

Quote Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
    Just an FYI...if you get it a little wet....and squish the tube down and insert the lead at the end and the slide your fingers back it creates a vacuum and the lead sucks right in.
    I think I need a cigarette now!