Thread: Glacier Craft

Default Glacier Craft

Anyone care to share their experience with the Glacier Craft aluminum boats that are manufactured here in Anchorage? Be interested in owner's experiences.

I am working on getting one. I will have my 22ft C-Dory up for sale in the spring.

Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.

Denny
    Last edited by dtol; 11-13-2006 at 18:10.

Default GC

I purchased an August 06 delivery date for a 29 footer in October of 05. Well it is now mid November and they still have not started the build. I am next up, so it should start late this month or sometime in December. Scott told me that it would take about 3 months to complete my project. I knew that they were behind schedule when I signed on the dotted line and I am okay with the delay.
    If it does not start by December, I am doubtful that it will be ready for spring bears in PWS which would be a bummer!

I have been building my dream boat in my head for the past several years and the price and the craftsmanship of the glacier craft fits my needs. I looked at several other builders in BC, Washington, and Oregon. I kept coming back to the glacier craft. I would love to get some real world numbers on the fuel burn at cruise with twin F225's. Scott said that he was burning 12-14 gallons/hour at 28-30mph with a 31 x 10.5 footer. That seems pretty optimistic. Anyone have any real time experience?

Default Service is nonexistent

I wanted to purchase the 25' Coho from Glaciercraft. Unfortunately, everyone that I spoke with on the docks of Seward had negative comments regarding service and/or warranty issues with this company. They appear to be great boats, but don't expect anything after the initial sale is the opinion I gathered.
    Good luck and let us know what you finally decide on.
    BK