Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever swamp your wheeler???

Default Ever swamp your wheeler???

If not, you really just need a few more miles on it! :-)
    The ATV Club meeting Aug 6 (7PM at the Eagle River VFW) is going to feature Rockhound demonstrating what to do after you drag it out of the water. Rockhound has more practical experience in this than anyone I know - but bear in mind that he also has twice as many miles in more places as anyone else I know.
    Come out to the meeting, might learn something!
    We are changing our meetings to concentrate on making our meetings more learning/exchanging ideas about wheeling sessions.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

We'll see if we can make it. I'll put it on my calendar.

Thanks!
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

I'm good at this if they need a live volunteer.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default volunteer

Well......OK, but you need to be soaking wet, head to toe, to make it realistic!

Good times.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Good times.
    freaking love that pic...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

i wish i could go to meeting on aug 6 the problem is that i am deaf i know there will have no interpreter for me right ?

That was by far the BEST water crossing I have ever had. I was laughin my ass off but the ole lady wasn't too happy. Even got the cheeks a bit wet. I've been in deeper water holes, but that was the deepest river crossing I've done.

Love my new 1/2 windshield w. the rubber gasket on the bottom, it keeps the water from coming over the dash LOL

looks like purchess cr....if so, I think we hit the same hole last fall...we took a shallower way back across though...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Hatchers Pass, about 22miles in from Willow..Is that the Purches? That was my first trip out with the ranger and I hadn't been in Hatchers in over 15 years.

Yep......Changed oil with about 10 quarts and new filter good to go...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Crazyatvman

I don't know of anyone in the club who could interpret for you, if anyone here can let us know!
    Rockhound does have written steps for his patented process if that helps.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org

Gary...base of Monument? Looks like it, but then again there are 500 other valleys with streams that look alike LOL

Yep......Changed oil with about 10 quarts and new filter good to go...
    diesel is much cheaper...well almost

Yep it is the base of Monument

Rockhound does have written steps for his patented process if that helps.
    Post it
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default AKDoug!!!

If we post them - no one will come to the meeting!!!!
    Come to the meeting and get your own copy free, not even the cost of the paper and ink!
    What a deal! And Rockhound's inimitable nuances as he demonstrates the finer points of his technique (not to include tipping the wheeler back over on its top... although we might find pics.... :-)
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org

Quote Originally Posted by garyb View Post
    Yep it is the base of Monument
    That crossing changes rather quickly. Least you ATV guys can put your feet up, I have keep my foot on the pedal

Default Post it?

Eh... I am not comfortable with that...think about this forum just a little bit. It could be the best thing since sliced bread and it still would lead to the bad mouthing of the century! If somebody wants to post it without myself attached to it, that would be fine, but remember, and I do state in the procedures, that I wrote it after a few beers and with a lot of humor! Show up and Mike will give you a copy, of course it is just advice, based on the Honda Rubicon and all of the guys I have rode with on other brands (manufacturers) and the problems we encountered, including all of the dumb things we did! You can learn a lot from others and your own mistakes. The bottom line is that you learn!

Sorry boys..that's a little far for me to go to a meeting on a week night..have fun
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast