Thread: Anchor Type

Default Anchor Type

I am planning on introducing my boat to the Kenai River in the next couple of weeks. I have only had it in the salt so far, never on a river.

Was wondering what the best type of anchor to use in the Kenai was. I have a bruce I use in the salt. Is this adequate or would another type be better?

Thx Xanfly

Default Kenai River Anchor

Trustworthy sells an anchor called the Kenai River Anchor. It is made specifically made for the Kenai. This is the best anchor you can get for the river and they work good in the inlet too. They are also made locally.
    Your bruce might be fine I have never tried one in the river but it should work.
    Most people don't do much anchoring up in the Kenai,but, you should always have one onboard for safety.
    Make sure your boat meets the horsepower and length restrictions and good luck with your first Kenai experience.
    CHRIS

Thanks Chris, have to check it out this weekend while I am down there.
    Got the boat and motor covered.

I used to use a 16lb bruce on the kenai with no trouble at all, but later on I bought one of the kenai river anchors and it worked good too, it was a little lighter and easier to store