Thread: Want to team up on DC827, a 20A bou hunt beginning Aug 10?

Question Want to team up on DC827, a 20A bou hunt beginning Aug 10?

I'm looking for someone that wants to team up on hunting my bou tag. Hopefully you are one of the other 149 people that drew the tag, or if not I'll share half the meat from mine. Either way I'll share half the mutual expenses.

I have a fine ATV and also nice big freighter canoe with prop-motor, and have no jet or air boat.

PMs welcome, or post reply here.

Default ATVing into 20A

OK, I'm now looking into ATVing in and rough-camping. If any other tag holder is interested in teaming up with me, let me know.

Default Interested in teaming up for DC827

I'm one of the lucky 150 get draw a bou permit. I'd be interested in teaming up. I was looking at the Ferry Trail area. In by ATV and rough camp.
    I was planning on multiple trips to begin on 8/15 through 8/19. Then other long weekends if necessary.
    Do you have any insight of other places to hunt via ATV?

Default PM sent

Lets talk. I sent you a PM.

Well good luck guys....... I also was lucky enough to draw a permit for that zone. I just have hardley any idea where to go. Any HELPFUL thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by FANCYLANCE View Post
    Well good luck guys....... I also was lucky enough to draw a permit for that zone. I just have hardley any idea where to go. Any HELPFUL thoughts?
    Have you called the ADF&G area biologist or any of the air taxis that operate in the area? Both would be a good start. Seems late to be at stage of planning where you have hardly any idea where to go.

Default fly in

I had Bob from Wrights fly us in. Quick easy flight, landed on a ridge, camped overnight and shot a fat bull in the morning. Called Bob on the cell phone for an early pickup, they were there by 10 the next day. Their Helio carried all our stuff and two guys. Least work I've ever done on a hunt. Cost about 1,000 dollars for the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    Have you called the ADF&G area biologist or any of the air taxis that operate in the area? Both would be a good start. Seems late to be at stage of planning where you have hardly any idea where to go.

Thats why I said hardley, the planes already scheduled . thanks for the advice. Also ADFG is is not very much help.

Quote Originally Posted by vekin View Post
    I had Bob from Wrights fly us in. Quick easy flight, landed on a ridge, camped overnight and shot a fat bull in the morning. Called Bob on the cell phone for an early pickup, they were there by 10 the next day. Their Helio carried all our stuff and two guys. Least work I've ever done on a hunt. Cost about 1,000 dollars for the flight.

That was the best thing I've heard yet , your experience is extremely informationable, more than know . thanks!!!!!
    Last edited by FANCYLANCE; 08-05-2009 at 20:27. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by FANCYLANCE View Post
    Thats why I said hardley, the planes already scheduled . thanks for the advice. Also ADFG is is not very much help.
    Which ADFG did you call? Fairbanks or Delta? Try Delta as they are closer and usually pretty helpful.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Which ADFG did you call? Fairbanks or Delta? Try Delta as they are closer and usually pretty helpful.
    not on this herd... Don young is the Bio in charge... Fbks office....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    not on this herd... Don young is the Bio in charge... Fbks office....
    Thanks for that tidbit of info Vince I assumed it was the Delta office since they are closer and seem to have a good handle on the animals in the Alaska Range.