Thread: primers

Default primers

Northwest guns on Tudor has a new supply of primers in - - I picked up a couple thousand at a premium price - not terrible at 5$ per thou more than what friends in the lower 48 are getting them for.....they have all sizes.

Default Do you mean

Great Northern Guns?

Default yup

that is what i meant

Default Worth A Bump, BTW

Gun Traders just unloaded around a hundred pounds of powder!

What are you payng for primers in Alaska??? Here on the east coast we are paying 40 bucks a thousand if we can find them. Small pistol and small rifle are almost impossible to find.

About the same or more unfortunately. Although I did pick some up for $37 per thousand at arctic ammo & reloading which I thought was pretty good considering all the shipping and has-mat fees that it takes to get the stuff up here.

Default arctic ammo and reloading

where is this place? ive not been there yet.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is final. You need to learn to be slow in a hurry! Wyatt Earp.

Quote Originally Posted by 70'sHunter View Post
    What are you payng for primers in Alaska??? Here on the east coast we are paying 40 bucks a thousand if we can find them. Small pistol and small rifle are almost impossible to find.
    I found some small pistol at sportsmans in Fairbanks a couple weeks ago for 29.99 a thousand. They had a 2000 per day limit but they didn't last long. Frontier had some and were getting 40-45 a thousand. I haven't looked but I hear the hardware store in North Pole is getting over $50 a thousand.

My favorite gun shop got in primers today and all you could get is 1000's max, and at 44 bucks per thousand. They sold out in a few hours.