Thread: Denali Highway Winter Fuel Storage

Default Denali Highway Winter Fuel Storage

Yep, wishing it would snow too!! Anyhow, just letting you machiners know your welcome to stow some drums of fuel at my place at mile 68, Denali Highway. Make sure the drums won't leak, and mark your names all over them. We'll have them for you in winter so you don't have to worry about hauling fuel in, and your riding days will be longer. No strings attached, and no charge. You don't have to stay with us to stow your fuel with us! Just enjoy the riding!

On another note, I will have 7000 gallons of fuel this winter for sale at the lodge. So if you forget to bring your drums in the summer via truck, I'll still be able to take care of you. I will only have regular unleaded fuel, unless I get some pre-orders for av gas or any other type of fuel you like to use in your machine. I'll have 2 cycle oil also.

Since there is always someone at the lodge nowadays, we'll keep the trails open and packed for riding all winter. The trail to alpine above the lodge is open and will be great for riding! This time we'll be able to do it as the snow falls, instead of opening in January, and being too late like last year!

Also, we are installing a coal fired boiler so the heat is going to be much more consistant throughout the lodge, and in the rooms, and we expect to have the second floor complete before winter, for some luxury suites, and running water all winter!

Is it winter yet??

PS. to store fuel, just drop it by on your way by the lodge. You can call Jennifer to let her know your planning on doing that at 283-3775.

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Default Fuel storage

Just another reminder. You guys have until the road snows in to get your fuel in. I'll have plenty, but if your a pre-planner, you can save some money and drop your drums off. My several thousand gallons will be delivered this weekend. Coal fired boiler is installed and heating the lodge like I never would have guessed! Works great. Liquer licence is in place, and we have a pallet of beer and wine for your evenings relaxing around the lodge in the evening.

One question for you snow machiners: What would you like me to stock out there for emergencies, spare parts, etc? No gurantee's I'll have the money to buy much else, but if I have a list, I can try to get it filled.

Can't wait for snow!!!

Claude

Sounds good, looking to get out there this winter

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    One question for you snow machiners: What would you like me to stock out there for emergencies, spare parts, etc? No gurantee's I'll have the money to buy much else, but if I have a list, I can try to get it filled.
    I'd say belts/plugs at a minimum. Belts will be pricey to stock but plugs are generally pretty cheap...

Most guys I know cary spare belts, so the chance of selling these very often are remote.

However, if you sell fuel be sure to have Heat and two stoke oil on hand. Also spark plugs are a good idea. After this just have all the standard road emergency stuff, like electrical wiring, duck tape, hose clamps, batteries, flashlights, a good selection of tools, tow straps, rope, bailing wire, etc.

But, if you people to stop by have Beer.

you have beer, I guess I will be forced to stop now.

Default You will see me again

Sounds like you never sleep Claude !

How many miles do you put on your dually this summer ?

I won't be able to stash any fuel but I will probably tap into your 7K supply WOW. You don't mess around.

See you when its white out,
    Norm

Default Spare parts?

Hello,
    Very interested in your lodge. I go to Maclaren a lot.

You asked about spare parts? You might consider a recovery sled. Like a 10 foot Siglin. I know the road can blow pretty skinny through there so maybe hifax? You might want to keep that trail south of the road packed.

Very nice of you to allow fuel storage. Look forward to visiting your place.

Default spare parts

I know this isnt a part, but a tool. My vote is for a welder, and lotsa duck tape.

Very few people have the skill to truely weld aluminum back together. A recovery sled for rent would be the ticket, though
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Great idea's!

Good stuff. I just got back from the lodge and we are cadillacin' into winter this year. New coal fired boiler (provided by Ron at North Pole Coal) is installed and working perfectly. Have plumbed in all three floors in the lodge with heat, and finished plumbing all 4 bathrooms, including showers, tub and sinks. All that thanks to Roger McGill, owner of Ram Enterprises out of Fairbanks. What a great job he did!

Highlights of new stuff for this winter:

7000 gallons of fuel
    Consistant and good heat throughout the lodge.
    Running water year round!
    Satellite tv and internet, with wifi throughout.
    Lodge liquor license. (basically means I can sell beer, wine, whisky etc to any overnight guests only)
    Free Coffee all the time!
    60,000 pounds of coal. (I hope like heck that's enough coal!)
    Upscale second floor that's private with two very large queen bed rooms with thier own bathroom, and great veiw out of two sides of the lodge. (price I'm still trying to determine...)
    Washer and Dryer! (no more hauling bedding out every two weeks!)
    Snow machine/ATV repair shop that will be heated, along with all the tools and a lot of the spare parts you suggested, along with heet and octane boost for sale.
    Internet phone service. Spotty, but works. 1-260-ACLODGE.
    Updated snow reports, and the ability to call the lodge to check.
    15 cord of firewood so far.
    Trappers cabin ready to go. (coveted by clients last year for it's privacy, good view, and the feeling of living like the orginal trappers.)
    Great hosts! Jen Simpson, and her brother Clayton are running the place for me this winter. They are top notch with a lot of experience running lodges.
    Barter system will always be in affect at the lodge, so if your short of cash, don't let that keep you from calling to see what you can do for us. Hauling in a sled load of supplies would be well worth a night or two for free!

And Norm, you are right, I never sleep, but I'll get plenty of that someday! Pulled 46,000 miles on the dually last year, but this year I'm going to be under 25,000. Anyone looking to buy a used dually that has thousands of miles of Denali Highway miles on it?? heh heh.

Looking forward to a busy and fun winter. We are already booking for weekends this winter, and have quite a few.

By the way, it is snowing at the lodge now!!

Claude

Wow, Claude, this sounds pretty sweet. Heck, with a list of creature-comforts like that, a guy just might have to take his family out there for 3-4 days!!

2 stroke oil and antifreeze. Seems like once a year I head out without enough oil and have to cut a ride short or try to find some along the way.