Thread: Want a waterproof camera? Read this article first.

Default Want a waterproof camera? Read this article first.

Found this new article on DP Review. It is a group test of leading waterproof cameras. Very informative for anyone looking at a waterproof camera. I see post here on the subject occasionally so thought I would share this for anyone interested. Click on the below link. Be sure to note the "Introduction" in the box up top. This informs you that this is page #1 (of about 18). Click on "Introduction" after reading the first page, then you scroll down to the remainder of the lengthly article.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209waterproofgroup/

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I read this article when it was first posted, since I am still contemplating buying one. But their bottom line is: Optical systems seem to be compromised in all waterproof cameras made today, with Pentax perhaps having the best image quality so far. I've also read that Panasonic has a waterproof camera in the works. I think I'll wait to see what they come up with.

Default I vote for the Pentax...

I bought a Pentax W30 a few years back and love it. Just bought a pink Pentax W60 a few hours ago. Stop laughing, it is for Mrs. Danattherock

Below are some pics from the Pentax W30...

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Strutz View Post

I've also read that Panasonic has a waterproof camera in the works. I think I'll wait to see what they come up with.

Its in the article Jim. You can see it at B&H Photo website for $400. Link below to the write up in the article about the Panasonic Lumix...

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209...roup/page8.asp