Thread: Alaska Fires... 433 of them active near where you want to hunt

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default Alaska Fires... 433 of them active near where you want to hunt

http://afsmaps.blm.gov/imf/imf.jsp?site=fire

Well i didn't get much on this last time. but many of you Minto flats hunters, wood river hunters etc etc... should take a look here and consider what your ridinjg into..

back in 04 our nice warm season kept the fires going well into AUG... so what they are today is not what they will be tomorrow... for instance last weekend the fires alonge Nenana, clear, minto etc... were blowing along about 40mph

i will give that the balckend burned out stuff does make visibility some better. ( for a little while) if there was any game left to see.

lower Tanana should be a nice view this year...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

As long as it doesn't jump the Tek, I'm good.
    Now what ?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    As long as it doesn't jump the Tek, I'm good.

WHAT???? you hadn't heard????

the TEK passed SMORE stage 3 months ago.....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

bumping link up

meet on face book here

Default Another map link - MODIS Active Fires Map

http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/acti...maps&rCode=aki

Above link will show you which fires are out, warm, hot. Click on the map of Alaska on the link for latest info. Yellow means already burned, brown means smoldering, red means active fire.

Thumbs up

This is all good. Very good. The Scorched Earth Policy is a fabulous Game Management Tool. So long as folk's cabins don't get burnt up. My very best Moose Hunts have been in areas of recent forest fires. It only take a year for the habitat to wake up and start producing big quantities of game. Most of the habitat in Alaska needs to be burnt off, scraped clean or tromped down, so it is has feed for animals, access for humans and good visibility for hunters.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~