Thread: Chicken Trail Head

Default Chicken Trail Head

I am going to Chicken for the first time and was hoping someone would share some info? Yes I have researched and know what I am getting into, I am looking forward to having a great time even with the crowds. My questions - is there a parking area? I have heard of vechles lined up for miles down the side of the road is it still that way? Is the trail that takes you up Chicken ridge the only trail and is it easy to find? I would hate to end up on some trail that side tracks me! thanks fellow hunters and good luck!

Thanks for the PM and all the info. That is all the info I need. Hopfully see you out there with a nice bull

I'M also heading up that way on the 9th, could use some info as well, such as parking and trailhead, what about the trail that goes to MT warble(sp)

Default Mt Warbelow

Quote Originally Posted by summitx View Post
    I'M also heading up that way on the 9th, could use some info as well, such as parking and trailhead, what about the trail that goes to MT warble(sp)
    Heading up that way myself. If you are referring to Mt Warbelow, its summit is about 15 mi. NNE of Taylor's summit. It is located at 64 14.83 142 09.78. If you are east bound on the Tayor Hwy, there is a road/trail 1/2 mile past Mosquito Fork. Its on the left at 64 04.11 141 58.76. Don't know how friendly the folks are, but I would bring a topo map and GPS, so you won't have to ask for directions. Just to be on the safe side. Hope this helps, if I get any more info I'll forward it. Good luck!