Thread: Developing land for cabin in Sterling

Default Developing land for cabin in Sterling

I'm out of state and considering purchasing a 1 acre lot in Sterling near the Moose River and have several general questions for anyone with knowledge/experience:
    1. What are the approximate costs to install a well and septic system? My cabin should be approx. 800-1000 sq. feet.
    2. Does anyone know the approximate price per foot to install utilities/gas lines? I'm estimating 150 feet from the road to the cabin. Utilities and gas are at the road for the property I am considering.
    3. Anyone know a decent builder who could "black-in" a 2x6 cabin? I'd like just get a basic shell up and then finish the inside myself.

Thanks,
    7wt

Hi 7wt

1. What are the approximate costs to install a well and septic system? My cabin should be approx. 800-1000 sq. feet.
    Septics for your size home will cost about $6,000.00

2. Does anyone know the approximate price per foot to install utilities/gas lines? I'm estimating 150 feet from the road to the cabin. Utilities and gas are at the road for the property I am considering.
    Enstar recently established new installation policy. Their installs for new service is now $750.00 + footage. I don't know the exact details but I would estimate your gas install will cost around $1000.00.

3. Anyone know a decent builder who could "black-in" a 2x6 cabin? I'd like just get a basic shell up and then finish the inside myself.
    I am a decent builder I am located next to the Moose River in Sterling. I would be more than happy to help you with your project.

Default Cabin builder

Check out Steve at birchmtnbuilders.com' he's building in Anchor Point right now and has a great reputation from Palmer but goes any where.
    Does it all and has lots of contacts.

........and well drillers are charging about $32.00/ft. Most of the wells in close proximity of my location are 70-100 ft. Others in the area are as deep as 200 ft.