Thread: Sausage Maker in Fbks?

Default Sausage Maker in Fbks?

Anyone had their game meat made into sausage at a Fbks company? I see Greatland Sausage in the yellow pages. Any other sausage makers there?
    Thanks.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I have had sausage (breakfast and summer) made at B-Y Farms....it wasn't bad, but I won't deal with them again due to personal reasons I care not to discuss on a public forum. I also have had breakfast sausage made at Santa's Smokehouse about 5 years ago...it was pretty good. This year I finally got my stuff into Delta Meat and Sausage...I think that has been the best yet, but they are known for having some of the best sausage, but they can be pricey.

Thumbs up

Mike, try Interior Fish Processors. They've done fine by me and their prices are in line....They are on Davis Rd. in Fbks.

F.

I've had great results with Delta Meat and Sausage. They'll pick your meat up in town at Sears and drop it back off there... just have to schedule your pickup / dropoff around their weekly runs to town. They really make an awesome product, I couldn't be happier with the money I've spent with them over the last few years.

I've had a few animals processed at McPeak's Badger Store on Badger Road. I've been happy with the results. They make kielbasa, summer sausage, breakfast sausage and the best pepper sticks I've ever had.

My only complaint is that they generally don't start accepting meat for processing until well after the hunting seasons close, which is about now.
    Now what ?

Thanks guys. Probably will try Interior/Santas Smokehouse. Got a price list from them. Been a few years since i done this. Sure looks pricey, 3-4 bucks a pound for most stuff. I just hope musk ox meat works well!!!!!!!!!!

Default snasages

I've also used Delta Meats with great results. Great people to deal with and a great product.

I've delt with Interior fish a few times also. They do make a good product but I have reservations of taking any of my own game meat to them. There smoked salmon dip though is excellent!!!

Default Next year

I'll be using Delta, bad experience with BY farms, they lost my business and everyone I hunt with/know/talk to at all. Not recommended.

Default Delta

Delta meat without a doubt!

Thumbs up Delta Meat is Hard to Beat!

Delta Meat for sure! I have also had a few bad times with BY going as far back as my 4-H steers! Jeanie, Kathy, Doug and Russ treat you great and take awesome care of your meat!

Delta meat has 90 pounds of my musk ox. Got a top notch recommendation from the head cargo guy at Frontier, also, for Delta. Lots of meat passes thru there for them.
    Can't wait for the finished product..........except for paying for it........haha!

You won't be disappointed with their work. It will be money well spent.