Thread: Petersville road trails

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Default Petersville road trails

I've been thinking about doing a camping/ four wheeling trip west of Forks RoadHouse on Petersville Rd while home on leave in August. Can anyone tell me the terrain/trail condition there right now? Is it flooded, muddy, dry, ect?

Thanks from Afghanistan.

It is really dry. I rode all last weekend without rain gear and didn't get muddy. It rained a little this week too so the dust should be down a bit. You'll have a great time.

Out there almost everyday ,Been raining the trail/road is not dusty creeks are at normal . Leaving for a trip now out there be back at 9 p.m with update
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default Thanks Roger,

I'm looking forward to the update. I was in that area last August, I found it to be a great place to get away from the crowds and enjoy the outdoors.

I spent two days on the main road to the right of Forks Roadhouse last year. This year I am hoping to go up and to the left of the Forks Roadhouse. I am planning on doing a little camping and riding with my 12 year old son. Have you done much fishing there in Peters Creek?

About how far do the trails go to the left of the roadhouse? Do they go all the way around to Cache creek? Are they rideable? Last August coming from the north side the trail was blocked by a heavily rutted and muddy ravine about three miles past the point where the trail came up away from Cache creek.

Ralph

Ralph,
    We tried that trail (to the left of the Road House) a few years ago, and didn't get very far. Once you cross the bridge, the trail curves to the right and starts climbing. We made it about half a mile back, with about a half dozen full-sized utility ATVs and lots of winching each other out of the mudholes.

While I haven't ridden it this year, be forewarned that that trail is by no means a road, like the one to the right of the Road House. It might not be as muddy as when we tried it, but expect it to be rough and overgrown.

Instead, another neat trip is to take a right right after the bridge on the other side of Petersville Canyon. You can follow the creek valley up for about half a mile, and then you'll see an obvious trail climbing up on the left, which leads you back to that cabin rental / coffee shop place (I forget the name).

Default Cabin rental palce

SR12345,

Do you mean Cache creek Cabins? Isn't that to the left of the bridge after the canyon? About four miles from the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    SR12345,

Do you mean Cache creek Cabins? Isn't that to the left of the bridge after the canyon? About four miles from the bridge.
    I think that's what they're called. After the canyon bridge, the road goes off to the left, and they're maybe 4 miles further down, on your right, with a bunch of old mining equipment layout around. The trail I was referring to follows the creek to the right of the canyon bridge, then climbs up the ridgeline behind the cabins and comes out behind them.

Default Thanks SR12345

I haven't been on that trail you describe. I'll have to search it out and ride it.