Thread: Circle to eagle on the yukon.Any help would be geatful

Default Circle to eagle on the yukon.Any help would be geatful

I am looking for any info on the yukon river between circle and eagle.I am new to the rivers pease help with any info.thanks billy

floated from eagle to circle years ago. very slow, boring had little time to hunt moose as we traveled so slow and did it in a week. neat public use cabins along the way stayed in 2 of the three 2nd one was too close to to first to stay there.
    about 140 miles as i recall.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

I have only gone up from Circle maybe 60 miles. Very easy running once you make it to the Yukon proper. Lots of dry camps and very deep water. Very open and easy launch in Circle, but I have never seen the store open or any fuel, so top off in Central, just in case. If I am wrong please someone chime in, because I would not want to hurt anyone’s business in Circle, just because I have not seen it. Good luck and enjoy.

Thumbs up

90 miles is the 1/2 way mark,water deep/ runable all the way/easy charle river on your right clear water/sand till u go into the hills... next river about 10 miles up on the left starts with a K... clear and nice graying next river up on left is the nation... tea color thats about it .... there is a island with a old road house on it.. down from JV's coal creek area...
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Been down that stretch about 3 times, twice in canoes, once in a good sized power boat. There are some public use cabins along the way. The nicest one is at Slavens, where Coal Creek comes in. You can stay in the historic roadhouse or the newer public use cabin. Both are free, first-come, first served. If you get to Slavens, there's a cool old gold dredge about a mile upstream by trail that you can walk through. Go up the road maybe another mile or so and you're at the Coal Creek airstrip. NPS has a camp there in the restored mining buildings, but I believe there is also a free public use cabin there (web site's not responding this a.m., sorry to say).

Depending on the bugs, you might want to camp on islands. Unless the water is really high, you'll usually find good gravel/sand (and a breeze).

www.nps.gov/yuch is the link to the national preserve. The office # in Eagle is 547-2233. There's info on line regarding cabins and other sights in the preserve.

If you're canoeing/rafting, I've found the river plenty fast and the afternoon winds can be challenging. We did Slavens to Circle in parts of two days, Eagle to Slavens in 3 pretty easy days. I suspect you could do it in 3 long June-July days, but why...

Main thing is as you approach Circle, you don't want to overshoot or be in the wrong channel and see it behind you . A motor makes that less of a worry!

Enjoy.

Default Thanks guys I am power boating up to the charlie for moose

I will be up there for the whole season.I am learning so much from this forum.I will check out.Slavens roadhouse.I am trying to fulfill my father in laws dream of getting a 50+ bull.So with any luck and a lot of spotting we will get a nice bull or 2.Thanks for your help Billy