Thread: Late Reds

Default Late Reds

I know the reds are a bit late this year.A buddy of mine and I were thinking about making a suicide run up there on the 7th of Aug. Will there be any reds left?

There should be great numbers of reds in the upper stretches of the Russian by then. I've had phenomenal red fishing well into August there, so you shouldn't be too late at all. You may have to sort through some colored-up fish, but there will still be bright ones to be found.

Default Some years the lower river will still be good!

Quote Originally Posted by elim View Post
    I know the reds are a bit late this year.A buddy of mine and I were thinking about making a suicide run up there on the 7th of Aug. Will there be any reds left?
    This years run looks to be right on track, but some years there is still phenominal red fishing on the lower river, even in tide water the first week in August and much of the crowds have left by then!

Here is a August 8th, 2006 red taken from the gravel bar accross from BeaverCr.

Default That's a nice red......

..........12 lbs?

yea if anything they are early - but they sure arent late

No way they're late; fishing's currently great and has been since July 18th or prior. Seeing some larger fish the last few days. Get out there! Jim