Thread: A New Ride and a Thanks

Default A New Ride and a Thanks

Well we finally pulled the trigger a boat. I've been without for the last year and half and its been a tough year and a half. But....we finally pulled the trigger last night on a 2006 Ocean Pro with a 150 Honda main and 8hp kicker. A bit more than we wanted to spend but we got a heck of a good deal on it as the guy just wanted it gone. Pretty much turn key with all the gear you need and very little wear and tear. I attached a couple of grainy photos below that I took late last night.

More importantly I got alot of good information and help from those on this site. Sport Drifter was a big help with sending me various pictures of boats he new about. We were easily able to find the cheapest bank, CU1 as was recommended on here. The bank required an appraisal and I was able to get some good info here on who to use as well. We went with Mike Madar and he was fantastic. Cheap, quick and did a great job. I highly recommend him if anyone needs an appraisal done.

The next thing is to start picking your brains about technique and how to get into some fish. We hope to take her for her/our maiden voyage here in the next couple days...weather permitting. Anyway, a huge thanks to all that helped us out and I hope to see you on the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congradulations on your new (to you) boat! I think you will be very happy with your choice. While you may have spent more up front for this boat, I think you will be money ahead over the the long run given some of the older glass i/o's you were considering. Too bad the weather doesn't look like it will be too nice for a ride this weekend.

Yeah the weather isn't looking too good and I have to leave for 2 weeks for work. Hopefully we can find a decent day here soon to get her out.

I have to give all the credit to my wife. A year ago I was trying to convince her to spend the money on just this type of boat. She wasn't so sure. When we first started looking a couple weeks ago she was leaning towards the older boats as they were all within our price range. However, once she saw this boat it was a done deal for her. I didn't think we could find this boat in our price range. We definitely got lucky here.

Default Ocean Pro

Congrats Patrick, really good looking boat! Does that have the sleeper bench seats? Have to let me know how it does on fuel. Give em hell!
    Cody

Yeah it does. We are hoping that bed will be good enough for the wife and I for the next couple years when we can afford a back canvas. We have a little one on the way so hopefully we can all fit on.

As for fuel, the performance bulletins report 4-5mpg cruising around 25mph. The Yamahas seem to do better on speed but these Hondas seem to do a better on fuel. I'll be sure to post up once we get her out.

If you get down this direction look me up and maybe we can do some fishin.

Nice looking boat!! You will love the Honda 150. I have twins on my boat.

Enjoy!!!

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Great looking boat, you will love it. Have fun.

Sounds good, and yes from what I've heard seen you're probably right about the motors. Have fun with her!

Thanks folks. I am stoked to finally have a boat in the driveway again. Now if I can just find a way to get it in the water.