Thread: petersburg

Default petersburg

How is the fishing in Petersburg? I am planning self guided trip to Petersburg for this time (late july) next year with wife and daughter. I really want them to have a good time so they will want to go back!!. We are looking at kayak trip to Leconte also. I fished area a couple of years ago with some success. Any tips or suggestions would really be appreciated. I have been looking at archives and found some information but welcome anything else. PM's welcome and would be appreciated more than you can imagine. Thanks.

Default Not to worry

Fishing in Petersburg is like Pizza, when it's good it's great and when it's bad it's still pretty good. Late July is the perfect time to go. Silver's are starting to show up in some of the creeks around town and you can also catch them trolling. Halibut fishing is good in July too. There is a couple of creeks close by that should still have a few sockeye if that interests you as well.

Default salmon

AKBOATER
    Thanks for the reply. I am renting the boat from your family. I caught a few halibut last trip (didn't try for salmon) and have written down more locations to fish for halibut from posts / archives on here. It's the salmon that I am worried about. I have never caught one and really don't know where / how to fish them first hand. I have written down pages of notes, again from this site, but really trying to gather as much info as possible. I have a general idea I think but....

Default Plenty of time

There's plenty of time to plan. That time of year there are a lot of places you can try for salmon. There are 2 or 3 decent trolling spots within range of Petersburg and probably half a dozen creeks that should have a few silvers showing up.