Thread: Kwethluk Portage - how bad is it?

Default Kwethluk Portage - how bad is it?

We are doing the Kwethluk next week and wonder how bad that portage is from the headwaters lake - Boundary Lake - into the upper river. PapaBear Adventures say it is only 150 yards but . . . . . .

Thanks for any advice on the Kwethluk.

Not sure if this helps you or not, but below is some info I just found online....

"We begin the trip by floating down the small creek connecting Boundary Lake to the Kwethluk River."

From the below site....

http://www.frontierriverguides.com/W...;20Alaska.html

And here...

"The float begins in a tiny stream that flows from Boundary Lake into the the Kwethluk."

From the below site...

http://fishing-guides.gordonsguide.c...m?tripID=13845

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thanks Dan,

I had seen those sites as well. Guess we better just go and find out. With the rain we are having now at least the water level should be OK.

Poppy

From what little I found out last night, I don't think you have much to be concerned about. Sounds like a safe trip with simple logistics. Have a great trip and I hope you catch a ton.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Who are you doing the trip with? I have family in Kwethluk. My brother in law is a heads up guy. I am sure you already have pick up arrangements made at this time, but if you need a name or number PM me and I'll send it to you.

PapaBear always flys us out and they are arranging the pickup. Don't know if we even get to Kwethluk. I think the takeout is upriver.