Thread: Sheep Hunting Pants

Default Sheep Hunting Pants

What are your favorites. I've been using Cabelas Microtec and Sporthill 3SP for the past 10 years or so. I need some new one this year. Any new pants out there that beat these.

Eagle River, AK

There are a number of threads on this topic in the gear forum, down the page on the main forum index about 3/4 of the way.

Thanks Brian. I'll check it out.

Fricking Texas - temporary

Thumbs up Dig these pants

Yo DJ, You should check out Sitka's Ascent pant. I have not found anything wrong with them except the price. It's what I take.

Breathable, stretch, water repellent, tough, cool looking camo, suspenders, ets.

Good luck.

Default sitka mountain pants

I bought these and think they are the best pants that I have ever used for sheep hunting. I hate getting too hot and usually climb in shorts, but these pants breathed enough to not get too hot.

Mammut Champ are hard to beat but for warmer temps put the Champs in your pack and go with a pair of Mountain Hardwear convertible pants. There's two different styles now but I lived in 'em for a 10 day sheep hunt because it was so warm.
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt