Thread: New dipnetting question (no, really)

Default New dipnetting question (no, really)

So, my son's girlfriend wants to come dipnetting with us. I am not sure if she can within the regulations. Would she need her own seperate Kenai permit (for her family)?

it would seem like she would because it goes by "Household"....or she'd be dipping "by proxy" for someone else, and would still need her own permit or the proxy permit to do that.

just my .02
    ~ Kristie~
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

I remember reading a thread similar to this. THe key ingredient being that the person physically reside with another person of the same "household". They need not be married. I wish I had know that years ago when I had a bunch of roomies living with me and eating my fish....but I digress.

I will have to consult the regs.

Yeah, I think she needs her own (her household's) permit. But, and I kind of forgot to mention this, she is 16 and lives with her parents...the normal family setup. Could she even get the permit, since she's not the head of the household?

Default 99% sure no

Best bet is to have mom or dad go and get the permit, give it to her, and she can fish because her name is on it. A quick call to F&G would clear it up, but I had a similar situation at Chitna a few yrs ago. We took the minor with his household permit per F&G directions.

Thanks, pretty much the same conclusion I'm coming to. Don't know if she'll have time to get her parents to get a permit. Oh well. She mostly wants the company, anyway.

Hello,

Since she is 16 she needs a license. Since she has a license hse may be able to get the permit.

Keith

Yeah, we got her license tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by roofboy View Post
    Hello,

Since she is 16 she needs a license. Since she has a license hse may be able to get the permit.

Keith
    I think roofboy is right. It is per household. She has a license. She can get the permit as long as she puts everyone in HER household on it and none of them apply for one. If you dont have time to get one where you are located, swing by F&G on K-beach and have her ask. should only take a minute. Besides, it would be better to take F&G's word for it then ours.

Default Underage dippers

I took an 11 year-old out last year on the Kenai and Kasilof and he fished for his whole family; no dad at home, but mom and two sisters. He did not need a fishing license, but he needed the dipnet card.

That 11 year-old brought home 55 salmon.

~tr

Default gr8fl

That is pretty cool - - good job.

Thanks for the replies, all. The weather put that trip off until this Monday, so her mom took care of the permit. We should be all set.