Thread: Kenai Keepers for Sale!

Thumbs up Kenai Keepers for Sale!

We have a VERY limited number of Kenai Keepers for sale right now; the price is $24.95, plus shipping. If you are interested, send a note to Icebear and we'll make it happen for you. I am in Anchorage, so you can save yourself the shipping if you stop by and pick it up.

We'd like to know if you folks want to see us carry things like this in the future, so let us know by posting in this thread...

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Where are you located and what are your hours? I'll swing by and pick one up this week if our schedules align.

Default contact info

Quote Originally Posted by 1911-MW View Post
    Where are you located and what are your hours? I'll swing by and pick one up this week if our schedules align.
    Contact Icebear (using the link in the post above) and she will provide instructions. I have one left right now, so if you jump on it, it's yours.

I will attempt to get some more in ASAP if the response is good.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Is there any way to work kinks out of the cable?

I wanted to try one of these for my trip this weekend and did not hear back despite trying to contact you guys via both methods. ??? Lucky for me I was in B&Js. They have a whole box of them for $21.99, right near their dip net supplies...

Suspend a heavy item (10-20 lbs) from the pin end of the cable and let it set for the off season, the cable should staighten out.
    Jim

Thanks Jim, That is what I am doing! Not sure how it got all kinked up, but it still works great.

Default Quick Fix

If you want to take the kinks out just bend the wire the opposite direction of the kink... it won't make it perfectly straight but it will make the line smoother. If there's any other suggestions we'd like to hear from you all.

-Robb
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default They last

I got one given to me by the inventor several years ago. I fished with him alot down at ship creek and he would laugh at me for using a piece of rope as a stringer. I told him if he had something better I'd be happy to use it. He grabbed one out of his truck, tossed it to me, and I have been using it since. Each winter I hang it from a nail by the "D" ring in the garage. Then I hang my wading shoes on the pin. Straightens it out and helps keep my gear together.

Tom

Default Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by dandeo2003 View Post
    I got one given to me by the inventor several years ago. I fished with him alot down at ship creek and he would laugh at me for using a piece of rope as a stringer. I told him if he had something better I'd be happy to use it. He grabbed one out of his truck, tossed it to me, and I have been using it since. Each winter I hang it from a nail by the "D" ring in the garage. Then I hang my wading shoes on the pin. Straightens it out and helps keep my gear together.

Tom
    Hey Tom, how the heck ya been buddy? I'm glad to see that you are still using the Kenai Keeper; you have a first generation belt and it's great to hear its still being used. That was 8 years ago; did you know that? I'd like to know more about the uses and # of fish you've strung on it... send me a PM.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default Who owns this business now?

Word on the street (???) is that it is presently owned by the third owner now, the second hadn't done that well, and the third, its too soon to tell.

Who wants to share some current info on this biz?

Last I heard it was owned by Chris Owens out of Nikiski.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Bird Brain View Post
    Last I heard it was owned by Chris Owens out of Nikiski.
    Is he a member here? Does he know he has a sticky? Anyone here know him?

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Is he a member here? Does he know he has a sticky? Anyone here know him?
    Thanks for mentioning this; as you can see, it was a left-over from when we carried that item (the thread is from the summer of 2009). It's no longer a sticky.

I like your Patrick Jane quote... I wonder if this post is a fulfillment of it?

Default No problem - happy to help

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Thanks for mentioning this; as you can see, it was a left-over from when we carried that item (the thread is from the summer of 2009). It's no longer a sticky.

I like your Patrick Jane quote... I wonder if this post is a fulfillment of it?
    Insofar as a fulfillment of it, I really couldn't say. It was not meant by me to be that, but now that you mention it I can see how a person could think that. I hang out in dip netting circles and some dip netters I know, know LOTS of dipnetters. So I was just asking. I've been meaning to ask the guy that started that company; he lives close to me here in the Valley. It seems pretty likely you put more thought into the reading of it than I put into the asking the questions.

I do know that's without a face to face relationship with the other person, it is virtually impossible that every communication you type will be taken by the reader the same way the writer meant it.

I do also know that if the reader is predisposed to have strong feelings of any sort about a writer that they do not have an in-person relationship with, the chances that a mis-communication occurs via the written word becomes quite astronomically higher.

It is this latter lesson I've learned that moves me to personally meet as many members as I'm able to. I've met so very many (though very meetings discussed publicly). And virtually 100% of the members I've met in person on this forum are wonderful people. And some are very good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    We have a VERY limited number of Kenai Keepers for sale right now; the price is $24.95, plus shipping. If you are interested, send a note to Icebear and we'll make it happen for you. I am in Anchorage, so you can save yourself the shipping if you stop by and pick it up.

We'd like to know if you folks want to see us carry things like this in the future, so let us know by posting in this thread...

Thanks!

-Mike

Umm Im sorry to ask but what is a kenai keeper??
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

I own Kenai Keeper Now I did buy it from Chris Owens.
    Thank You Del Ward
    Owner of Kenai Keeper www.kenaikeeper.com

Allbradley, it is a correctional officer located within the confines of soldotna/Kenai area. OK, only kidding. It is a high tech fish stringer that you can wear dipnetting and not have to leave the water. Saves time and the fish stay fresh. Del ward, good call on buying the business. I know BackcountryRob is probably still sick of selling when he thought he had to move out of state for employment. Good luck, Thewhop.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Thanks Heck of a Idea by BackcountryRob Will do my best to make him proud. Thank you Del
    Owner of Kenai Keeper www.kenaikeeper.com

Quote Originally Posted by Albradley View Post
    Umm Im sorry to ask but what is a kenai keeper??
    Excellent question. Essentially it's a long stainless-steel stringer that holds a LOT of fish. It was designed for dipnetters who want to remain in "their spot" in crowded dipnetting areas. It allows them to pull in their net, string their fish, and keep fishing without having to walk back and forth to shore to deal with the fish every time. It's a great tool. Here is the website where you can order yours.

Regards,

Mike