Thread: Anyone use Burris Short Mag scope?

Default Anyone use Burris Short Mag scope?

I have only had one Burris scope and it was a 3x9 compact that had a close eye relief that I could never get used to using...

I see they are marketing a Short Magnum scope scope now which may be the same thing. Just wondering if anyone has used one?

I really like the Leupold 3x9 Euro Model with the German #4 plex that I have on my mountain rifle. A fixed 6 or 8 power with a 30mm tube would be pretty cool....for a brush gun.

Just bouncing ideas around my head for the 350 Rem Mag....

Beating the snot out of a $275 Burris sounds better than beating the snot out of a $400 plus... Leupold...

xx

My wife has one on her browning 300 wsm, its a very nice scope with a long eye relief. I have used burris scopes on my rifles and like them alot, I would rate them very close to leupold.

I had considered that scope for my Kimber MT 325 but went with the Leupold 2.5-8x36 instead. Lots of eye relief, light, larger objective lens and been around for years.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I wonder if anyone makes a fixed power(like a 6 power) with the 30mm tube?

I may just get another 6 power by 42mm Leupold.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Short Mag= New name for the Compact.

Float Pilot,
    I have a burris 2x7 short mag on my .325 kimber montana and it has long eye relief and is light going with the set up. The only thing is you need off set rings to take advantage of the long eye relief as the little scope sets to far back on regular rings. I like the set up a lot.
    goldbelt