Thread: Still Looking...

Default Still Looking...

Still looking to get my hands on some tanned rabbit furs. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated!

H. E. Goldberg, in Seattle.
    Alaska Fur Exchange in Anchorage.
    Alaska Raw Fur Co. in Fbks.
    I suspect you can get phone numbers from either the yellow or white pages on line.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Smile Thank You Sir!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    H. E. Goldberg, in Seattle.
    Alaska Fur Exchange in Anchorage.
    Alaska Raw Fur Co. in Fbks.
    I suspect you can get phone numbers from either the yellow or white pages on line.
    Thanks a ton, just emailed them. Hopefully I can get them soon enough!
    Joshua

Default Rabbit hides

you can get them either tanned or not from these guys in Vermont.
    Years ago there was a rage on raising " REX RABBITS" for food and Hide.
    I really like the fur of a REX rabbit.. lots of colors and a deep rich feel.
    I think that the people in the business that stayed thru that rapid growth of the late 1970's to to the mid 1980's was a mess. there were tons of people that had no business raising animals that got into the business on the false premise that you could get RICH raising and selling these rabbits for meat and fur,,
    the people that were pushing this rage, were supposed to have all the Meat sold at profit, and the hides at one time were selling for high prices.
    The meat thing never took off with the public like they said it was going to, as the public just didn't embrace Rabbit meat, in retail stores etc.
    Those that are in the business now have markets that are much smaller, but the producers are alot better set up and have made the niche in this industry... I think the rage started when the European Fur market got hit with the close of fur trade with Russia, and pelt prices for any animal went thru the roof. A coyote pelt in 1977 was selling for $50 to $100 green, I was able to sell my Bobcat pelts then for $240.00 green, and it was that way accross the board for all pelts.. then the market caught up with itself and by the time the REX Rabbit rage was in full swing, the market fell out..
    any way BucknRut, you should check out those rex rabbit hides.. they are wonderful..

http://www.fuzing.com/vli/00063457e2...lted-or-tanned

Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Default Rabbit Hides

In 2002 I found several in a Ben Franklin Store in Juneau. Don't know if they still have them or not.

Gary