Thread: Withdrawals

Talking Withdrawals

Anybody else experiencing DT's or Withdrawals, as we go through this summer phase?

Let it snow/Let it snow/Let it snow ***********
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Yes, I am a snowmachine-aholic and for the first time in my life, I can't wait until winter gets here.

I am extremely conflicted right now. I really enjoy mountain riding and had a blast last year in playing off the Denali as well as Petersville. But I sold my sled since I was leaving for the 08/09 riding season. It may have been a huge mistake because it was such a capable rig. It was an 04 A/C 800 1M with a full hitch that could haul some decent weight in my otter sled. It was also a pretty capable mountain sled w/ a 159" track. Now I keep drooling over the M8's and M7's that pop up on C/L but I also want a work/hunting sled and the new Tundra sure fits that bill... It sure seems that there is no way to get a crossover mountain/work sled these days! I can't imagine the new M's being able to do what my old chassis did... Either way I will be out riding this fall just not sure if it will be trails or hills... Any one have experiance towing a loaded otter sled w/ a new chassis AC mountain sled?

Wink Heck Yea!!!

You better beleave I am!!!
    But keeping busy brushing out trails and revamping the Coral Hill so it's not as steep and can see better. Got a big Snowtrack Meeting in the end of Aug. to go over grants and grooming pool moneys. And that always get me itchin.
    Remember, Summer is just a time to get ready for Winter!!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Anybody else experiencing DT's or Withdrawals, as we go through this summer phase?

Let it snow/Let it snow/Let it snow ***********
    This is the upgrade and maintenance season...riding season is on its way!!! We are LOOSING DAYLIGHT and headed for snow.

***See Forum Name***

Res

Almost done with the body work I wanted to do and I've been chomping at the bit to ride since the snow melted. I tried sitting on the sled while the motor ran...but I only got a head ache. I see folks trying to ride on water down at the KRPUA........no way am I doing that to my baby! Guess I'll just have to make do with some custom work and keep my eyes on the northern skies...........Denali hwy area will have snow soon.

Lu Jon

My 09 tundra is basically a summit with 50 less cc, a softer suspension and a 2 up seat. It preforms stunningly well in the mountains and isn't at all afraid to earn it's keep. I've even done some less than extreme highmarking with Gun on the sled, he loves rounding over at the top of the run.....wish I did!

BTW Tracy and I have always seen summer as a opportunity to get the work done and the fire wood split before hunting and then good weather gets here. Non Snowmachiners can keep summer, winter is when the fun begins!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Trail boss you let me know if you need help. Might not be able to run the snowmachine right now but I'll jump at the chance to make riding better for my fellow Alaskans!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

I find myself cruising by dealerships NOT on the way home....

Time to start doing some mods to them and getting them ready. Headed up to the hills the next couple weeks to help a buddy get his sledding cabin built. Maybe we won't be putting the metal roof on while it's snowing for once! Seems to happen with every cabin we build up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Trail boss you let me know if you need help. Might not be able to run the snowmachine right now but I'll jump at the chance to make riding better for my fellow Alaskans!
    Trail boss let me know too if you have any brushing coming up. I would like to help too. I have pretty much the whole month of August off. You can PM me.
    That's what she said...

[QUOTE=theultrarider;537497]Time to start doing some mods to them and getting them ready.

Yep! pulled my primary last week and had it balanced, me and the sled are now 100% ready to ride.