Thread: What do the mods think of this?

Default What do the mods think of this?

I was wondering if it was possible to raise the picture quota just on the Alaska Wildlife, Photography and Out and About boards? I feel the limit of four pictures is a little low for boards that could be better served by a higher limit.
    Especially the out and About one as I have a nice trip report to put up but it is picture intensive and would require 7 posts just to get it in.
    These boards (all of them) would be better served with a maximum image size and a higher qouta. IMHO anyway.

Well, I feel (well felt) your pain. You now can pay to become a supporting or premium member which lifts these regulations (depending on the contribution). If you dont want to pay then you still have to adhere to the guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Well, I feel (well felt) your pain. You now can pay to become a supporting or premium member which lifts these regulations (depending on the contribution). If you dont want to pay then you still have to adhere to the guidelines.
    Has it been changed? nope, still 4 <grin> it has been discussed I am not sure what the status is honestly hopefully Brian or Mike will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Has it been changed? nope, still 4 <grin> it has been discussed I am not sure what the status is honestly hopefully Brian or Mike will chime in.
    Hmmm, guess I was confused.....I thought in the announcement that supporting members got 2MB of photos in posts and premium were unlimited...

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Hmmm, guess I was confused.....I thought in the announcement that supporting members got 2MB of photos in posts and premium were unlimited...
    i think that is just the limit for uploaded photo size which I think primarily affects attachments and judging by alaskachucks HUGE sig pic issue, apparently them too. The total number of pics per post still appears to be set at 4.

However, yesterday successfully sent a PM of 8 photobucket pics and multiple smilies in it that I never had the ability to do before. So something has changed in that regard from what I can tell.

I have always been able to send pm's with more than 4 images.
    It's just the forums that are restricted to 4.

Default Good idea Drifter...

I am with Drifter on this. What could the drawback possibly be? Naive perhaps, but I don't see one. If a guy (like me) wants to bore you with 10 pics from his recent trip, he is just going to make three consecutive post to do it. For the example Drifter gave of a trip report with several images, I say let us see them in one orderly flowing post. Often in the hunting, rafting, and fishing forums I have seen trip reports all broken up due to this 4 image restriction. And this is obviously an issue for anyone that frequents the photography forum.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I'll have to talk with Mike on this one. It's the way things have been set up since day #1, though I'm not certain on the original rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I'm not certain on the original rationale.
    To boost your post count. Ha!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.