Thread: I got charged

Talking I got charged

Heres the story. I was trout fishing near Hoonah. There were some cabins in the area and 2 labs from a nearby cabin had been hanging with me most of the afternoon. I had a fish on the beach and I was upwind from the bears. At first I was like cool 2 bears make a video and take some pics. But they were make a beeline right at me kind of in trot. So I dropped the fishing pole and had a can of spray in my left hand and my 44 mag in the right. Then the dogs saw the bears and charged the bears. Then the bears got real serios and countercharged. I had no where to go cuz the creek was to deep to cross where I was at and it was solid brush in front of me. As it was I went out to my waist to get some room between me and the brush. Then they jumped into the brush about 30yards from me. I siezed tthe moment and hightailed it downstream were the bears came from got down wind. Then I had 300 yards of chest high grass to get thru to get back to the truck. I kept cool though and didnt freek out till after getting back to the truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6LS7zP5EMs

Srry cant figure out how to make a real link. Or search "bear charge"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Magnum Man; 07-20-2009 at 01:53. Reason: add pics

Haha thanks for sharing

Default good fishing

Sounds like you had a good day of fishing. Thanks for sharing.

Just gotta love fishing the bear streams.Did you keep your fish or let them have it.

I havent looked at the video yet but it looks like a couple of youngens that were trying to test your accuracy....atleast your alive to share the moment with us....thanks

Boy howdie. That would peg my fun meter
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Wowzers! That was a close call.

what a picture that first one is, after reading the story!

Default young ones

Quote Originally Posted by bowtechshooter View Post
    I havent looked at the video yet but it looks like a couple of youngens that were trying to test your accuracy....atleast your alive to share the moment with us....thanks
    Yeah they might have been 3 years old or so? Very unpredictable. Im sure they were siblings. By the way they got the fish.

Your video does crack me up though...."Here I am out fishing, I've got 2 Brown bears coming up the creek at me, well I dont know what to do, so I'm turning the camera off now."

lol.....

Glad your Ok though!

Default Good Video....

Mag,
    couldn't you have just put the camera in your mouth to continue the footage?

I can see it now...spray in one hand, pistol in the other, camera wedged between clenched teeth.....and walking backward through the tall grass to capture it all on video.....

Glad all's well that ends well

Default I know woulda been funny

Like the Hoonah version of the blair witch project. Too bad I didnt get more vid.