Thread: Help!!!

Default Help!!!

i am absolutely torn between two atv's. I currently ride a king quad 700 with 27" 589s. I like the power. hate the soft suspention for when im hunting the weight puts the diff down low. I am trying to decide between the arctic cat mud pro. and a grizzly with power steering and 27" mud lites. WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS. i like the whole 89 bucks a month for two years though!

Have you considered just upgrading your current ride with heavier-duty aftermarket springs and a clutch kit?

Default no need for new /fix what u got...

the "AG" clutch kit and my "uhmw" spacer kit/post then u will be a set and no payments
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Default get a normal loan

get a normal bank loan.
    stay away from the 69 dollar a month deals.
    two years later, you'll still owe almost the original amount borrowed.
    And if you miss or make a late payment, they jack your interest up to 25%!
    yes, i'm embarressed to say, this is experience talking-lol

happy riding

Quote Originally Posted by AK375HH View Post
    i am absolutely torn between two atv's. I currently ride a king quad 700 with 27" 589s. I like the power. hate the soft suspention for when im hunting the weight puts the diff down low. I am trying to decide between the arctic cat mud pro. and a grizzly with power steering and 27" mud lites. WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS. i like the whole 89 bucks a month for two years though!
    Well, I've never ridden a KQ but I ride a Grizz 700 and in my opinion it's got a pretty soft suspension. I know it's adjustable, though. If that's your only beef with the KQ then I agree with the other posters recommending you change out your springs. If you want a list of what I like/don't like about the Grizz, I'd be glad to give you a list. My likes far outweigh my dislikes.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

yeah id like your list of pros and cons

Default my king quad

I have tightened my suspension all the way and i do have a clutch kit. If you own a king quad u would understand that it is built to be much more sporty than utility. and i have 4000 miles so....im thinking its time for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by AK375HH View Post
    yeah id like your list of pros and cons
    Cons: Has a tendency to stall. This is a known problem with the Grizz 700. My beef is it does it pretty much at the worst times, right when I need the engine to perform. I kind of wish the 4wd/diff lock switch were on the left side, so I didn't have to take my hand off the throttle in order to change it. The seat doesn't go high enough up in front. Guys have more of an issue with this than women, but my beef is that it doesn't leave a place for my dog to sit when he's worn out and needs a ride. The body is a little wimpy. Saw one collide into the rear of a Polaris once and it did all kinds of damage to the Grizzly with just a scratch to the Polaris. The body panels are held together with plastic rivets and they break, leading to floppy panels that have to be rigged back together. That's not a huge problem but annoying when it happens. The stock suspension setting is a little squishy. I was going to change it to a stiffer setting until I read that it can make it more difficult when off-camber so I didn't. All of these are minor and by no means do they bother me enough that I wouldn't get another Grizzly when the time comes.

Pros: It seems to be virtually bomb proof. Very difficult to get stuck, even with stock tires. The Diff Lock feature is great. It'll crawl straight up a vertical wall in diff lock (I've done it). As long as you can get traction, it'll get you out. The battery life is good. I run my lights nearly all the time so people can see me, and have never had a problem running the battery down even when I use the winch a lot. I have a friend with a Can-Am Renegade that cannot run his lights at all or he'll run his battery down, so this can be an issue on some machines. But not on the Grizz. The clearance is great- I can clear just about anything in the trail, and the wide A arms mean I don't have to center it up. I LOVE the belt drive system. When I first bought it I wanted to buy a spare belt "just in case" and the salesman told me I wouldn't need it. He was right. Unlike many rigs, the Grizz does not EVER smoke the belt when you are stuck or crawling, even in high gear. Using low gear when crawling is optional- I do it for easier steering, not because the engine protests in high gear. The seat is extremely comfortable, although I don't sit down much. I tend to ride standing up. The all-around disc brakes work great, and the engine braking is very good. And the power steering is very good, with not too much feedback- all day riding is no problem. So far maintenance has been pretty easy although I will say that getting to the oil filter is more challenging than on some rigs. I've got over 1000 miles on my machine with just standard maintenance- no mechanical failures at all and it's running great.

My only other experience has been on Polaris and Can-Am so I have no idea how a Grizz stacks up to a King Quad. I just know I've been very happy with mine overall.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.